Curled into Fists

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ONE MORE VOTE TO 100 VOTE!

THERE ARE A FEW SWEARS IN THIS CHAPTER!!!

Enjoy ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Are you sure I have to go to school?" I asked, looking out the window at the zoo called high school.

"Yes," replied Grandma Aggie, "I'm not letting you stay home because of a boy again, Sawyer. So get out of the car and walk into the school."

"Fine," I said, and I grabbed my backpack and boosted myself out of the car, giving Grandma Aggie a quick goodbye over the shoulder. I hurried into the school and went straight to my locker.

I didn't want to run into Griffin, and I'm sure that he didn't want to run into me. So, I decided to dress as downplayed as possible. I wore some dark jeans, a baggy maroon sweatshirt, and kept my head down.

Norah had been trying to reach me ever since my barbeque with Griffin's family, but I'd ignored her calls and texts. Eventually, she got the picture and sent me a text saying that she was sorry for whatever had happened.

I gathered the folders and notebooks I'd needed for the first half of the day and slammed shut my locker. I tucked my hair into my hood and tugged it down on my face, making myself inconspicuous in the crowd.

I entered my homeroom and settled in my usual seat. I plugged my headphones into my ears and put on the first song I found. I opened my impossible math packet and started doing the problems, ignoring the people as they filed into the room.

I didn't want to talk to anyone, and I didn't want to think about what had happened on Saturday. Hopefully, I could just make myself invisible and get through the day.

"Hey." Her voice was muffled, but I could still recognize Norah. Reluctantly, I pulled out my headphones and looked up at her. "How are you doing?" she asked.

"Oh, you really don't want me to answer that question," I replied, pulling on the strings on my sweatshirt. Norah chuckled quietly and sat down next to me. I could tell that she really wanted to know what had happened, but was smart enough not to pry.

Truth be told, I wasn't doing well, not by a long shot. I'd spent Sunday sitting in my room, trying to get over what had happened. I'd told myself that Griffin wasn't worth it if he couldn't understand. I'd told myself that I shouldn't have opened up like that.

However, I couldn't lie to myself. Every moment I had spent with Griffin had been amazing, and opening up and being myself had been like a breath of fresh air. That was the problem. I missed Griffin, but after what I'd told him, I couldn't blame him if he didn't want anything to do with me.

"Ahem."

I glanced over to where the sound had come from and groaned audibly. Kaia was sitting on the desk, a smug look on her face. "I heard you met Griffin's family," she said, studying her nails.

"Yeah," I replied slowly, waiting for the snide comment.

"Then," Kaia said, continuing as if she hadn't heard me, "I heard that they all hated you so much that Griffin dumped you and made you walk home." There it was, and boy was it far from the truth.

I chuckled and shook my head. "Kaia, you should probably check the reliability of your sources," I told her, stuffing my math packet back into my backpack.

"Did he dump you?" Kaia prodded, and I remained silent, however my facial expression deceived me.

She'd struck a nerve, and I couldn't stop my face from falling. "He did, didn't he!" she gasped with glee.