Any Normal Day

Today was like any other day: a test, finding out another test grade, and maybe a small experiment. She sat near the window, a boy with jet black hair sat to her right; she couldn't help but stare at him. Each time she talks to him, the non existent butterflies in her stomach flutter, but she loved talking to him.  Today was like any normal day,  the boy yawned from boredom and his eyes fluttered shut; a smile spread across her face as she watched her crush. Everything about him was perfect in her eyes: his messy, jet black hair; his (emotionless) black eyes; his ability of getting perfect test scores. He was perfect. Even if he had a bad attitude, she loved him for who he was.

Today they had gotten their tests back; he had gotten the perfect score once again, 100%, she had failed again. 

"Hey, Shintaro-kun?" She looked at him, her test papers in her hands.

"Hmm," he gave little to no response then looked at her, "what?"

"What did you get?" She casually asked, knowing he would've gotten a perfect 100 again.

"Same as usual," he put his head on his arm, bored again.

"Oh okay!" She smiled warmly at him, then folded her test into a crane. Her test grade, 15%, written in red on the wing.

He got up, his crinkled test in hand, and walked out of class and headed to the roof. That was one thing they had in common, they liked going to the school's roof. She followed him, hiding so he wouldn't notice she was there; he ripped his test to pieces then threw them into the air. Once he left; she ran after each piece, taping them together. After she got all the pieces, she folded a crane with it; then gently held it in her delicate hands. 

"I'm sorry Shintaro-kun... soon I'll have to go on my important mission... one that I can't tell you about," she muttered under her breath, even if there wasn't anyone there to hear her. Tears pelted the ground, she held the paper crane to her chest, "I won't be here anymore to push you forward, Shintaro... you really need a girl who's pushy and would guide you more.. I'm sorry I couldn't do that for you," she whispered in between her sobs. She wiped away her tears; no one would and should know about this secret, nor the part that she cries. She has to be strong... For them. Tucking the paper crane away, she made her way back to her class; school wasn't over yet and she couldn't be late. Once she entered the class, a fake smile was already plastered on her face; hiding secret and urge to cry. No one know about this except for one of her younger brothers, Kano Shuuya, he deceived everyone for her while she searched for more evidence. Today might be one of the last days she would get to see her crush, Kisaragi Shintaro, and actually smile around him. Pretty soon she wouldn't be able to do that anymore, pretty soon she'll be gone, so she wanted to make the best of the time she had left. If everything went well, then, no one would have to suffer, even if it meant she would sacrifice her own happiness for everyone else's.