Slowly Healing

Two years had passed since she went on her "mission," her heart ached even more just thinking about what could've happened. Everyone's hearts were slowly healing, they've seemed to slowly move on and chase after their happiness.

I wonder how everyone's doing... Do they hate me for this..?

In The Haze, there really wan't anyone else other than that girl; the girl looked younger than her, piercing red glare could send chills up anyone's spine, long wavy black hair almost reaching the ground, who knows how long the girl had been here. She wandered around endlessly, never knowing where she could be going. This world was an almost exact copy of the normal world, except there was no one to be seen.

"This reminds me of when the three heroes were kids.." she muttered, tears falling even when she was smiling.

She sat in the park, remember every small memory from the old days, from when she used to go to the park with Kido, Kano, and Seto.

Flash backs

When the three were little, Ayano would take them to the park; even if they had their differences, they were still tight. They would always be together, always stick up for each other, they made a promise. That through thick and thin, they would be there, even when they grew up; they would have each other's backs. They did fight sometimes though.

"Catch me if you can~!" the cat-eyed blonde teased, making faces at the girl and the boy with sooty black hair.

"KANOOO I AM SO GONNA KILL YOU!" Kido yelled, chasing him in circles.

"G-guys.... Fighting is bad..!" Seto scolded, chasing the two.

The sky got darker ever so slowly, time seemed to slow down in those moments; their happiness seemed like it would last forever.

"Come on guys! We should start walking home now~!" she called, the three obediently followed, playing and laughing on their way home.

The lighting bugs flickered on and off, distracting them all as they ran down the dimly light streets. Giggling and small arguments filled the silent night, then they arrived at home. Their happy family was perfect, they had no worries at all; why did it have to change?

☆彡★彡☆彡★彡

Hissssssssss.... Oh? Who'sssssss thisssss girl?

A snake glared at her, it's piercing stares looking straight into her soul,

Oh? You want the eyesssss? It all comesssss with a price though.... Are you ssssstill interesssssted?

She nodded, her heart nearly pounding out of her chest when it immediately knew what she wanted.

"What do I have to do to get the eyes?" she swallowed her fear and asked.

Give up your hopessssss... of going back... at leasssst for now... If you choosssse the eyessssss, you can't go back..... and you'll sssstay here... If you choossssse to go back.... you know what might happen... think it through, little girl..

"I-I want them.... I don't care what happens to me.." she got teary eyed, still trying to act as strong as she could.

The snake looked at her then gave her what she wanted, taking away any hope, it was about to leave when she stopped it.

"Is there any way to talk to them?" she asked, her heart hoping and pounding again.

Dreamssss... Through their dreamssss..

She nodded, continuing to watch the Dan from The Haze, anxiously awaiting the darkness. The sky darkened slowly, but it was quite fun watching them have fun together; once everyone settled into their beds and dozed off, she began her new plan. She linked everyone's dreams together and entered it, the sky was a crimson colour just like that day.

"N-nee-chan..?!" Kido, Kano, and Seto were surprised; running to hug her.

"A-Ayano..?!!" Shintaro cried, having missed her so much.

"I guess I''m back.... for now.." she whispered happily, still crying as she smiled.

She finished greeting everyone, then the smile on her face ceased; the mood of the dream had suddenly turn serious.

"Now... I gathered all of you here for a reason.... A serious one...." She looked down, thinking about the happiness it would bring if she succeeds.

They looked at her, the silence meaning they were willing to listen.

"I'm on a mission... If I succeed, then maybe I can come back and bring everyone back.... Dad is being controlled by a black snake...." She spoke softly, hoping they'd believe her.

Their expressions changed to shock, then they nodded, wanting to help as much as they could.

"I guess this is our farewell for now.... I hope I can see you all again... Soon... I promise I'll come back...." Her voice trailed off; she was slowly disappearing, when she did, everyone woke up.

☆彡 ★彡 ☆彡 ★彡

Kido called everyone to the hide out saying she had to discuss important matters with them. One by one, everyone arrived; when they were all there, she began the meeting.

"So.... did everyone here have that dream last night..?" Shintaro asked, trying to start the meeting.

Everyone nodded in sync, the room falling silent.

"What do you think we should do?" Seto asked, unsure what to do.

"Trust Nee-chan obviously.." Kano stated, wanting to believe that Ayano can actually come back.

"I agree.." Shintaro whispered, his mind aloof from the conversation.

An hour had passed, the meeting was finally over; their plan was to trust her, believing everything she said.