Shall We Say Our Farewells

Only one thing filled her blank mind, all she could think about was that day, tears already forming at the thought of what happened. She could remember it clearly, even when if happened quite a while back; her heart ached having remembered everything that happened.

☆彡 ★彡 ☆彡 ★彡

The sky was an eerie crimson colour, she sat in the classroom crying into her sleeves; today was the day that she was going to go through with the plan. There was really no going back. She stared out the window, tears still streaming down her face. Shintaro was walking the empty halls, all the doors were closed and locked, except one. He peeked through the doorway to see her crying, she never cries, he had a worried look on his face.

"I-I'm sorry.. I'll have to go through with the plan.. I don't want to.." she was still unaware that Shintaro was there.

"Do what? Are you okay?" he asked, worried about her.

She quickly wiped away the tears and faked a smile, "Yes, I'm fine" she lied.

"Were you crying, Ayano? Don't lie to me," he whispered, walking towards her.

"N-no! This is just... New make up! It makes me look all shiny and it makes me shimmer!" she stuttered.

"Okay... Well, it's getting late... we should go home.." he spoke softly.

She smiled warmly, happily agreeing to walk home with him.

I guess I'll have to postpone the plan for today.. but I guess I'll enjoy this time with him.

She grabbed his hand, smiling brightly as they walked, "W-what are you doing?" he blushed.

"Holding your hand, silly~!" she couldn't stop smiling, then she snatched his hand back.

"Y-you're so annoying! Stop following me around, you annoying pest!" he said without thinking; then he ran off, leaving her alone on the hill.

Why do I always have to do things like that? This is all my fault...

She stared at the crimson sky, admiring the beauty from below, "It's so pretty.." she whispered.

I guess I'm going through with the plan after all..

She turned back and walked to the school, tears drenching her scarf; she still loved him even with that. Once she arrived at school, she went straight to her desk, knowing exactly what to write and to who.

Dear Shintaro,

I'm sorry for being such a pest, I'm sorry I always clung to you.. Even when I'm gone, remember this... I'll always be there, watching over you.. I have this mission to complete, it was for the good of everyone... you might not understand it now, but that's not important. I'm sorry I couldn't tell you this while I was still there, but.. I love you, Shintaro. Remember when you ripped up your test? Well, this crane was made out of your old test that you threw away. I'm really sorry... Please don't ever forget me.. I love you for you... - Ayano

Dear Kano and Kido and Seto,

I'm really sorry I had to do this... I love you guys, you're all amazing.. don't let anyone tell you otherwise!! I know it might be hard for a little, but you'll move on... You guys are strong like that! Always remember: RED IS THE COLOUR OF A HERO!! You guys aren't monsters, you are the MEKAKUSHI DAN! We're super heroes, ya know! - Your Nee-chan

Her tears wet parts of the letters; she left them along with Shintaro's crane on her desk, then she made her way towards the roof. Her lonely footsteps echoed throughout the empty halls, this was her last time going to the roof, let alone being there. She pushed opened the metal door, a cool breeze greeted her as she made her way to the fence. After she scaled the fence, she sat there for a moment; a strong gust caused her skirt, scarf, and hair to flutter freely. She took a deep breath then finally had the courage to do it. She leaped. The words "Shall we our farewells" echoed in her mind. Crimson skies were the last thing she saw before being plunged into desolate darkness, her eternal sleep. There, she would probably never wake up, becoming somewhat ofher own version of snow white.

☆彡 ★彡 ☆彡 ★彡

He read the letter over and over again, his thoughts revolving in a cycle.

This is obviously a bad dream.. Ayano can't be dead..

He laid on his bed, endlessly crying into his pillow when his mom called him.

"Are you still mourning, Shintaro? Do you want to stay home today?" his mom was worried.

This isn't a dream... I'm sorry Ayano... This is all my fault..

He finally noticed how much he loved her, how much she meant to him; his eyes scanned over the letter once again. He locked the door, his eyes locked on the red pair of scissors.

THUD. His entire family heard it, they came running.

"NIISAN! NIISAN! PLEASE, OPEN THE DOOR! WHAT HAPPENED?! PLEASE.." his sister banged on the door. When they finally broke down the door, they saw the boy on the ground with the red scissors sticking out of his throat. A note at his side that read "I'll see you soon, Ayano.."

His sister screamed in terror, her hands covering her mouth; their mom called 911. The ambulance finally arrived after a few minutes, Shintaro was raced to the hospital; he was barely alive.