Healed Yet Aching

After the dream ended, she returned to watching them from The Haze, continuing to plan a way to defeat the snakes along with her return. Even when her mind knew that she'll be able to go back, her heart still ached; surely, it was the same for the others, too. A smile plastered on her face, yet, tears streaming down the side; why was she crying? She watched the group meeting, her smile growing a bit bigger when she heard them agreeing to trust her.

Thank you.... For trusting me... I hope I can come back soon...

She wiped her tears as she got up, now having a different source of courage; she was willing to face anything. A lonely road stood ahead of her, but that lead to finally reuniting with all of them. She began to walk through the empty world, memories of everything flooding her mind. Tears threatening to fall once again, yet her lips curved upwards.

She remembered when the three were younger, she remembered the times she'd sing for them, she remembered her mom's funeral. She gently bit down on her bottom lip, trying to hold back any urge to just burst into tears. A lump forming in her throat, making it even harder for her to stay strong; her knees about to give in at any moment. Her hands balled tightly and at her sides; stray tears slipping past her guard. Why couldn't she stop crying?

It was around when the three first arrived, they'd finally opened up to her; it was stormy that night, thunder crashing loudly. Lightning flashing through the windows, the three made their way towards her room.

"O-Oneechan..? Are you awake..?" Kano whispered, hoping they weren't bothering her.

She rubbed her eyes, a smile on her lips when she saw them.

"Did the thunder and lightning scare you?" She asked, letting them climb into her bed.

They gave her a slight nod, snuggling into the warm and cozy bed; through habit, she began to sing the lullaby that used to be sung to her. They slept soundly, no nightmares or anything.

She still smiled through the tears; her knees trembling, she sat down and began to cry. Tears soaking her skirt, sleeves, and scarf; she sat there crying for hours, this time, she couldn't stop. After crying it all away, she wiped her face again, then getting up. Her heart, along with everyone else's, were healed, yet aching for reuniting. Her heart yearned to just go back, but she still had a lot to do.