Their Temporary Happiness

The Tateyama family adopted three orphans: Kano, Kido, and Seto; the three of them had scarlet red eyes. They didn't talk to anyone or really make any eye contact with anyone other than their little group. They whispered back and forth, keeping to themselves; it was almost like they were in a secret organization! Even when they didn't talk to her, she refused to give up; she really wanted to earn their trust and become a happy family. She smiled at the thought of becoming a huge tight knit family, about how they could play happily together.

"H-how about we play a game?" she smiled, making sure she didn't force them to do anything.

They sat there silently when the boy with jet black hair responded, "..s-sure.." 

"What would you like to play?" she asked, still smiling warmly.

"..." they didn't respond at first, "We're monsters!" they yelled in unison, their scarlet eyes flickering.

She quickly leaped to her feet and grabbed a red muffler and a comic book with a super hero on the cover,

"That's not true! Red is the colour of a hero! so there's no need to be afraid!" she wrapped the scarf around herself.

Smiles soon spread across their faces, these were the first smiles she had seen from them ever since they got here. Soon the house was filled with laughter, why couldn't it last forever? 

Kano's Letter to Ayano

Dear Nee-chan,

Ever since that incident happened, dad really kinda went a bit mad.. and then you tried to stop him. For us. You said that if we didn't stop him, then something really bad would happen. I guess you couldn't come up with a better plan.. all  you came up with was the one where you sacrifice... Why did you have to do it, Nee-chan? You promised you'd stay with us forever, you said that our super hero group would last forever, but it just isn't the same without you.. Everyone seems to be moving on, but I just can't do it... It's almost like everyone's starting to forget you.. Nee-chan... I miss you so much... It's still weird living without you to me... oh! Remember our super hero group? Well, we got new members and Kido stepped up to being "Danchou," she changed a lot.. everyone did. Kisaragi Shintaro (your old classmate), Kisaragi Momo-chan (his little sis), Mary, Ene-chan (was Takane-chan), Konoha (was Haruka), and the shota (Hibiya) joined us! Now our group has Kido (1), Seto (2), the all powerful me~ (3), Mary-chan (4), Kisaragi-chan (5), Ene-chan (6), Shintaro (7), the shota (8), and Konoha (9)! Our group seems to be growing; almost everyone in the group has some sort of connection to you, too. By the way, have you see the loli (Hiyori, your aunt)? She probably got sucked into The Haze, too. We miss you so much... Ene-chan said that the neet has some dreams about you sometimes and he woke up crying before.. I'll be visiting soon, Nee-chan..

Your lil bro, Shuuya

It didn't really turn out how she wanted; she was hoping for lasting happiness, not their temporary happiness. 

A few things lingered in her mind, the thought of the words "Shall we say our farewells" made her heart ache, tears rolled down her face, her red scarf becoming moist. 

Why couldn't it work out the way I wanted it to? I wanted to go back and be with them, but I guess this is worth it.. In return for their happiness, I'll give mine.