4.

Holmes stepped off the elevator, Saunders close behind as she scanned the door numbers for 311. It wasn't long before the two detectives stood facing the door they'd been searching for.

Saunders raised a hand and knocked, placing his hand on his hip after.

There was nothing but silence. Casting a glance over at Holmes, he raised his other hand to knock before allowing it to join his first hand on his hip.

"Be right there!" A voice yelled from behind the door.

Moments later, a young woman with sandy brown hair and beautiful gray eyes pulled the door open in nothing but a sports bra and some short shorts.

Saunders' eyes scanned the woman from head to toe while Holmes greeted her

"Hi, good evening. We're from the LAPD. I'm Detective Holmes and this is Lieutenant Saunders." She motioned to him and sent the woman a smile.

"I'm Ginger. What can I do for you guys?" Her response was cheery and the two detectives could tell that the young woman had not yet received the news of her deceased roommate.

"May we come in?" Angela asked the woman.

Saunders remained silent, watching as the woman stepped aside and allowed the two detectives in.

The dorm room was a quaint little room, separated into a small living room area that connected to a kitchen with a small island, and three separate doors leading out of the room.

There was a cream colored leather sofa, decorated with small blue pillows on each end, a glass coffee table centered in front of it. Resting against the wall was a decent sized flat screen television and Saunders raised a curious brow, wondering how college students, if they were always broke, could afford such a luxury.

The room was littered with empty red cups and paper plates. Some rested on the coffee table, others on the kitchen island, and even more on the counters.

"So what can I do for you guys?" Ginger asked the two again as she dropped onto the couch.

Lieutenant Saunders shoved his hands into his pockets and licked his bottom lip slowly as he prepared to speak. "We're here about an Amanda Hendricks."

"Mandy?" Ginger repeated the girl's nickname, or the one she used anyhow. "I haven't seen her in a good week. I thought she was staying with Devin. Is everything okay?" Her gaze shifted from Angela to Joshua as she awaited her answer while pulling her foot up onto the couch.

"She um...she's been..." Saunders began to speak, unable to find the most gentle words to describe the brutal manslaughter.

"She was murdered." Holmes completed for him.