7.

The two detectives headed back to the precinct and Detective Holmes headed to the Captain's office.

She raised a shaky hand and knocked softly on the large wooden door.

"Come in." The Captain called out.

She slowly turned the knob and entered his office, her eyes falling to the Captain as he looked up from his file at her.

In her hands, clasped tightly was "The LEO's" case file. She approached the Captain's desk and cleared her throat.

"Captain, I know you said no before but hear me out.." She spoke.

The Captain raised an eyebrow and nodded, encouraging her to continue.

"If we just call August-"

He cut her off. "No."

"But Captain He could-"

He shook his head. "I said no, Detective Holmes."

"But-"

He shook his head again and stood from his seat, slamming his hands on his desk in anger. "NO! And that's final, detective! If you contact him, which I will consider moving out of order, you forfeit your badge." His tone lowered and he stared at her with an expression that told her that his words were not to be taken lightly.

Her face fell into a frown and she sighed. "Yes sir."

Silently, she turned and left his office. She knew without a doubt that former detective Chresanto August could solve this case, yet, the Captain refused to allow him to be of aid.

In silence, she shut his office door behind her, making her way back to her case partner as she contemplated what to do next.

They needed August's help, she knew that. But if she contacted him, she'd lose her badge.

"What'd the Captain say?" Saunders asked, snapping her out of her train of thought.

She sent him a smile to disguise her disappointment. "He said um..."

"Forensic units...catholic church on N. Hawkins." The radio interrupted her statement.

She was going to tell him the truth...that the Captain said no.

But when she got to the site...that would all change.

—-

*Two Hours Before the Radio Call*

Audrey Holloway sat in the quiet, secluded room, silently awaiting the return of the mysterious man.

She didn't know who he was...or what he wanted with her. Or even what his words from earlier meant.

"You're number 7."

The words played over and over in her mind and fear slowly crept into her being.

Was he going to rape her? Kill her? What did he want.

He'd left the room nearly an hour ago and she didn't know when to expect him back. There was no way out...no way to run. She'd already tried.