Chapter 3

Mistys P.O.V
"Hi Nurse Joy I really need a room right now,it's urgent" I said in a panic. "Alright let's see we have room 7 free if that suits you?" She said as if she hadn't heard the part where I said it's urgent. "I'll take it!". I almost shouted that part but managed to keep my cool. I grabbed the key out of Joys hand and ran to find room 7.

Brocks P.O.V
Im starting to worry as we get closer to the Pokécentre. Ash is still very hot,even though its only about 8°(C) outside.

As soon as we reach the centre,I see Misty waiting in the lobby. She jumps up as soon as she sees me and her face lights up,seeming very happy that we got there safely. Serena rushes in,bumping into me, causing me to almost drop the weak Ash. "Serena! Watch it!" I yelled, incredibly agitated. Ash is like a little brother to me. Even though I already have lots of brothers, I always feel like I need Ash to be like my little brother. He's always so cheerful and it's rare that Ash is sad. Serena just looks at me with puppy dog eyes as I walk over to Misty and ask her where the room is. She motions for me to follow her so I do. Everyone else follows behind us.

I carefully lay Ash down on the bed and check his temperature once again. "It's the same as last time. At least it hasn't gone up" I announce to everyone in the room. "Oh my poor Ash!" Serena exclaims. Pretty loudly,too. "Shhh! Serena how insensitive can you be! First you tell me to 'get off Ash' when I haven't seen him in 3 years and now your shouting as Ash is unconscious! Learn some manners!" Misty scolds, whisper-yelling. "Oh wow you've known Ash for longer so you think you own him. We get it,red. You think you own him. He's not an object" Serena says, clearly trying to annoying Misty. Mistys face turns scarlet with rage. Not just because she was trying to insult her but she hates being called red by Gary. I look at her with a look that says 'not now please' and she softens up and looks at me apologetically.

"OK well now that that's over,Brock have you got any medicine?" Clemont asks calmly. "Of course I have,Misty and Ash didn't rely on me for nothing you know" I say with a laugh. Misty chuckles too. "Looks like I've been able cheer one of the love birds up" I say teasingly to Misty. "HEY! I don't like Ash! Brock, do you want me to get my mallet?" She says in 'anger'. "Oh the things love makes you do" I say with a mischievous smirk. Serena just looks jealous. I know that Misty doesn't really mind the teasing,I've known her long enough to know that she likes Ash. "Brooock" she whines. I just smile at her.

As I take the medicine out of my bag,Ash starts to stir. "Ash?" Bonnie says softly. "I think he's about to wake up. Just in time too." I say but I am cut off by Nurse Joy walking into the room,telling Misty that her starmie is in bad shape and we need to go see it now. "Oh my poor starmie. Brock,will you come with me please?" Misty pleads. "Of course Misty. You don't need to ask. Here, Serena. If Ash wakes up make sure to give this to him" I commanded. "OK, sure" Serena murmured.

Ash's P.O.V
My head is pounding and I have no idea where I am until I hear someone say my name. It was Serena. My eyes slowly flutter open but I close them again instantly as my head doesn't react well to the light. "Oh I'm so sorry Ash. I'll turn the light off" Bonnie whispers. "Hey who's here?" I ask, my voice husky. "It's just Pikachu,Bonnie,Clemont and I here right now" Serena said softly. I was disappointed when she didn't mention Misty and Brock. I swore they were here before. Maybe I just dreamt it? "Hey you guys are Misty and Brock here?" I question as I attempt to sit up. "Woah Ash you need to rest lie back down" Serena advised as she gently pushed me back down. "And yes,Misty and Brock are here but Mistys starmie was sick so they had to go make sure it's OK. They should be back soon" Serena sighs. Was she annoyed that I wanted my best friends? I decided to just brush it off. "Oh here, Ash, Brock said to give this to you as soon as you wake up. It'll help you feel better" Serena stated. "Thanks, Serena" I smiled at her.

I hear the door open and I turned my head to see Misty and Brock walk in. "Ash! You're awake. You have no idea how worried I was about you. How are you feeling? Are you OK?" Misty asks, concerned for me, as she wraps her arms around my body. "Yeah, Mist. I'm fine. I have a headache and I feel like I could barf any second but seeing you and Brock has made me feel better" I chuckled. Misty quickly pulls away from the hug. "If you're going to barf, do it on Brock, not me" she grimaced. This earns a laugh from everyone on the room. "So Ash is there anything you need?" Brock questions. "I'll be happy to help" he finishes. "Hmm...I don't think so. WAIT! I told my mom I'd be back home but I'm not! Could you please go tell her what happened?" I exclaim,not wanting my mom to be worried about me. "Of course,Ash" Brock assures me. "Hey,Ash, Serena,Clemont and I are going to go for a walk to get some fresh air. We'll be back before long" Bonnie explains with a smile. "Oh OK I'll see you guys later" I mutter. Everyone leaves Misty and I alone. I look at her and smile. "Don't tell anyone, but you're my favourite" I say to her with a chuckle as I felt a blush creeping up onto my face. "Don't tell Brock, but you're my favourite too" she says as her face turns bright red. There's just something about Misty that gives me butterflies. Maybe it's her smile, her adorable laugh, her beautiful face, beautiful hair,maybe it's her personality. Or maybe it's just everything about her. I've known her the longest and I think I love her the most. And no,not just as a friend

1118 words ♡