Chapter 11

Ash's P.O.V

"Ash?" I hear someone whisper quietly. "Hmmh?" I murmur back, not being exactly sure who it is talking to me. "I can't sleep but you need to rest, never mind" the person says softly. I then realise that it's Misty. She was sat upright, fiddling with her fingers. "No, Misty, it's ok, I wasn't asleep anyways" I assure her. "It was sort of stupid anyways, don't worry" she says disheartened. "I don't care, I'll still listen" I smile. She takes a short pause. "Well it's just that..... I don't know if this is right. I don't know if this is meant to be, I don't know why you have to go through this, I don't understand. I feel like something is..off" she sighs, clearly feeling defeated. I sit up and look at her, and I can see it in her eyes. She's tired and confused. Our eyes lock, and neither of us look away. I let myself get lost in her beautiful, cerulean eyes.

After a while, I start to speak up. "I'm confused too, to be honest. And yeah, it doesn't feel right, it's hard to understand. But remember, darling, nothing is permanent and this isn't either. I'm having treatment right away, and I'm going to be ok" I say softly. I don't believe everything I've said, but I just want her to be ok. I want her to believe me and I want to take all her sadness and worries away from her. She looks at me and blushes, and I give her a confused look back, and think about what I said.

Oh. Oh lord.
"Sorry, I didn't mean it, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable it just slipped out I'm so sor-" I ramble, but Misty cuts me off. "Shh no, it's ok. It was sort if cute, actually" she says with a mischievous grin, knowing how I would react. "oh shush, Mist, or I'll never say it again" I pout, giving her one of those looks. She laughs lightly. "I'm sorry, I'll be quite, only because I'd like you to say it again" she says, again grinning mischievously. "Alright, darl- NO!" I shout, realising the trap I'd fallen into.
She looked at me in a way I couldn't exactly explain, but I also somehow knew what it was. It was sort of in a loving way, but with that "oh, come on you idiot" look mixed in with it. I gave her a look back, showing that I knew what she was thinking. She smiled. "You really are the best friend ever, you know that?" She says idly. She wasn't thinking about what she was saying, just saying it. A small smile started to play on my lips. "friend zoning me, are we?" I smirk back. She seems sort of taken aback, as if she was in such a state she couldn't hear the sarcasm. "Ash, you know why and I'm so sorry" she sniffles, her eyes watering. Guilt seeps it's way into my mind. "Oh no no, it's ok Mist, I know, I was just joking, but now isn't exactly a great time to do that I guess. I'm sorry" I say as I pull her close to me and wrap her in my arms. She's reluctant at first, and doesn't hug me back, but after a few seconds, she settles comfortably into my arms. We stay there, with her occasionally commenting on things, until she falls asleep and I can feel the the movement of her breathing against my chest. I look down at the beautiful girl in my arms, and give her a soft kiss on the top of her head. "I love you" I murmur into her hair, before putting her down into her bed and pulling the duvet over her. I wish I could have you, Misty Waterflower.

im,,? i wrote this fic when i was like 11, its the only thing ive ever published so i tried to save it in like 2020 but dood this shit is so bad 😭 sorry if i gave u false hope but i will absolutely not be updating this im sorry 😭 keeping it published though because man it got a lot o' reads

642 words