Chapter 16: Trapped In A Blue Haze

Word Count: 1.9K

Your Point of View

Dean was sprawled out across the bed. Cas and you had to tie him down, in case he was still under the spell's control when he woke up. Each limb was tied to a different corner of the bed, his head tilted to its side with his eyes closed. Dean's flannel had been cut to shreds. He was now only wearing his black t-shirt, and jeans. you were sitting next to him on the bed, stroking his hair, awaiting his return to consciousness.

*Knock* *Knock* *Knock*

"Hey." Sam said as he entered the room.

"Hey Sam. How're you feeling?" You asked as he sat down in the desk chair across from you.

"My memory's still a little fuzzy, but better. How about Dean? Has he said anything?"

"He still hasn't woken up." You replied as you looked down at Dean's beautiful chiseled face.

"What about you?"

"What about me?"

"Yeah. How're you doing?" He asked.

"I'm fine." You pushed your hair behind your ear. "But, honestly Sam... I'm scared. We were so close and then- This is just all my fault."

"None of this is your fault, Y/N."

"Oh really? Because as far as I can see, none of this would've happened if I hadn't taken the Mark from Dean. I should've trusted him. I should've-"

"Y/N. You gotta stop talking like that. It's not your fault. You thought you were doing the right thing. You blaming yourself, is the same as if I blamed myself for what I did while I was possessed."

"How did that even happen? Like, what do you even remember? If you don't mind me asking."

"No, it's fine. It's just bits and pieces though. I remember being in Hell, I remember Crowley's demons drugging me. And then... You and Cas broke me out of the cell. I remember seeing the inside of the bunker, and then you woke up on the ground after you exorcised the demon... But Cas told mw something else that I did... He said that I uh- And you- You and I we-"

"Sam, stop. It's okay it wasn't you. It was Damian. Don't worry about it. He's a dick and he just wants to make my life a living Hell. I know you would never do something like that.

"Okay good. Thanks." He responded with a sigh of relief. "Hey, I think I remember what words Damian used to cast the spell."

Sam grabbed a notebook and a pencil. He mumbled the words beneath his breath as he wrote them down. "Mentem tuam ac voluntatem adsumo. Xi. Permitte telum." He handed you the paper.

"I've never heard of this before."

"Me neither. I don't know. I'll have to do some digging." Sam stood up to leave the room

"Sam, wait. Do you uh... Do you, by chance, remember what happened between us when I was a demon?"

"If you're referring to our 'research' session." He said, making air quotations with his fingers. "Then yes, I do."

"You know that wasn't me, right? Like I- I just don't like you in that kind of way."

"Yeah, I know. I know."

"Sam, I'm sorry. It's just... I wasn't myself and Dean's my boyfriend... I love him... And I would never betray him like that."

"It's okay. I completely understand."

You then felt Dean begin to rustle in the bed. "Dean?" You called, as you rubbed his bare arm with your hand.

Sam, too, noticed Dean beginning to come to. He looked over at you with hope. Maybe Dean would be okay. Maybe the spell had worn off. There was no guarantee but maybe this time we would have a win.