Chapter One: First Sight

"That'll teach ya." Nayumi smirked as the centipede demon falls dead behind her.

"Thank you so much, slayer!" the Headmaster of the village thanked her.

"All in a days job." Nayumi smiled, "Now, tell me about this Inuyasha."

"The half-demon that passed through, yes, he killed a demon similar to this one for us a few days ago. Him and his friends were very helpful." the Headmaster replied.

"Which way did they go?" Nayumi asked.

"In the direction of the Ox Tiger." he answered.

"Thank you." Nayumi said then turned to leave.

"Wait! Slayer, how can we pay you?" the Headmaster called after her.

"Don't bother. Your information is payment enough." she smiled then was gone.

"Such an odd girl, wonder what business she has with that half-demon." he Headmasters wife mumbled.

"It's none of our business." the Headmaster replied and started back for the village.

        They're still following Naraku. Nayumi thought. If I keep following them, then sooner or later I will come across Naraku myself. Then I will put an end to him once and for all. 

"At least I can put this curse to good use." Nayumi laughed to herself. 

        Two years ago, a demon cursed Nayumi. She now has blades that come in and out of her wrists, and everytime she gets a fatal wound she becomes more and more deomon. The demon who cursed her said the only way to break the curse was to fall in love with a demon. If she doesn't then she will become one. The very things she devoted her life to killing, now she either had to love one or become one. She can only die if a demon rips the blades from her wrists. Problem is, only some demons can see the strings that attach the blades to her veins, but they cannot touch them. Other demons can't even see them. 

        Nayumi's is ripped from her thoughts at the sensing of a strong demonic aurora.

"Master Jaken, catch up!" I young girl squealed.

"What have you done to this poor child." Nayumi said to Jaken, "She is only human, what manner of mind control do you use on her?"

"Mind control? She is with us willingly you stupid human!" Jaken snapped.

"Die demon!" Nayumi yelled, the blades from her wrists sliding perfectly into her hands.

"Master Jaken!" the girl screamed.

"Stay back child." Nayumi said as she launched her blade.

"Ah!" Nayumi cried as something hit her blade.

"What is the manner of this attack?" a fair haired demon asked.

He's where the demonic aurora I sensed is coming from. Nayumi thought.

"Answer me." he demanded.

"I dont' answer to demons!" Nayumi yelled, then sent her blade out again, but lost all manner of thought when she got a good look at the girl.

"Rin." Nayumi whispered, and because she was too distracted she did not realize the demon had sent her blade flying back at her, "AHH!"

        The blade sunk into her shoulder, but she could not take her eyes off the girl.

"Prepare to die." the demon said, raising his sword above her.

"Don't Lord Sesshomaru!" Rin cried.