Chapter Ten: Naraku Escapes

"Lord Sesshomaru! Do you really think that injured slayer can protect Rin?" Jaken asked.

"I have no doubts." Sesshomaru replied; flying through the air.

"She's injured, my lord!" Jaken  exclaimed.

"But she will protect Rin if it means her life." Sesshomaru retorted.

"Do you believe that Naraku will be at this castle?" Jaken asked.

"Jaken." Sesshomaru said.

"Yes, my lord?" Jaken asked. 

"Enough questions." Sesshomaru ordered. 

"Yes, my lord, my apologizes." Jaken quicky apologized. 

        Sesshomaru knew Naraku wasn't going to be at the castle, but he had to make the trip in order for Rin to survive long enough for Nayumi to get there. Rin had to have some protection, but he knew the slayer's body wouldn't last her long. 

        Nayumi ignored her wounds as she ran. She didn't care that her leg was drenched in blood. Rin was her only concern, and Nayumi wasn't going to stop now. She could sense Naraku's incarnation Kagura not far ahead, but she could also feel two other demonic presences. One, she was sure, was Naraku's, but the other was different.

A new Incarnation, maybe? She thought as she ran. It didn't matter. She would cut down any enemy that dared get in her way. Including the Shimyosha she was following. With a mere look, the insect burst into flames and perished. She did not want Naraku to have eyes on her. He had already injured her from their last encounter, and she didn't want him to see how much those injuries hendered her.

        "Show yourself, wench." Nayumi ordered when she felt Kagura's presence was too close for comfort.

"You're sharp, I'll give you that." Kagura said in a calm voice.

"And you're foolish for coming in Naraku's place." Nayumi snarled, "Give me my sister and I might spare you life, but I highly doubt it."

"I'm simply the opening act!" Kagura laughed, "I'm suppose to let you pass, but not until I know the extent of your wounds."

"These petty flesh wounds? They're nothing." Nayumi lied, but she sounded convincing.

"Tell me, why is your leg a bloody mess?" Kagura pointed her fan at Nayumi's leg. 

"Ripped some stitches. Ddi that when I first found out you took Rin. You and Naraku just don't get it." Nayumi laughed. 

"Inlighten us." Kagura prompted. 

"These wounds may  be bad, but when it comes to my sister they're nothing. I feel no pain. You should have just come after me and left Rin alone. Your chances of victory would have been much higher." on the last word Nayumi pulled her sword and struck. 

The attack was fast, and Kagura barely had time to dodge.

"You missed." Kagura scuffed.

"Wasn't aiming for you." Nayumi smiled; her blow taking Naraku's barrier down without trouble.

        "So that's where  you were hiding. Thought I felt you close by." Nayumi laughed; propping her sword on her good shoulder.

"Nayumi." Naraku said; shock all over his face.

        At the smell of Naraku's scent coming from the other direction, Sesshomaru killed the Shimyosho an headed back.

"Lord Sesshomaru, where are we going?" Jaken asked.