Chapter Two: Spilt Blood

"How far could they have gotten?" Nayumi said as she punched the ground in frustration.

"Young lady?" a man's voice asked from behind her.

"Can I help you?" Nayumi asked; standing up straight.

"I was going to ask you the same thing. You seem to be looking for something." he replied.

"Yes, some people. What is your name, villager?" she asked.

"I am Tsumar, Lord of the castle up younder." he replied.

"You do not look of a lord." Nayumi scuffed.

"I've heard that before, but please come with me to my castle. You look weary." he offered; placing his hand on her back.

"I must decline. I need to find the ones I am searching for." Nayumi replied.

"I must insist. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I let you just walk away. Only for a little while. Just enough time for you to get food and water." Tsumar insisted.

"Fine, but I will take it to go. I will not linger." Nayumi finally agreed.

"As you wish." the lord smiled, and headed up the hill.

        This visit is going to last longer that I hoped. I sense I demon nearby. Nayumi thought to herself then sighed.

        "Is something the matter, huh, pardon my rudness. I never asked your name." Tsumar blushed.

"Nayumi. Nayumi Yamamoto." she replied.

"What a lovely name!" he beamed.

"Thank you. It was a birthday present." she replied sarcastically.

        "Get behind me." Nayumi said; unsheathing her sword just in time to deflect a throwing star.

"Ah! What was that?" the lord asked; fear in his voice.

"A demon. Show yourself!" she demanded.

"So you knew I was here, slayer, very sharp your senses are." it smirked; emerging from the bushes.

"I was born of a priestess mother. Of course, she was the only one on her side of the family that was not a demon slayer, but her spiritual powers course through my veins. The only good thing she ever gave me." Nayumi smiled.

"Hmm, I girl that smelled just like you passed through not to long ago. I was going to devour her, but she was with the Lord of the Western Lands and I do not have a death wish." it said.

"Which way did they go?" Nayumi askied.

"What does it matter. Yiou will be in my belly before long. You and this delicious looking Lord." it laughed then charged at her. 

        Nayumi had no problems dodging it. She struck out with her sword and managed to graze its arm. 

        "Stupid demon. Do you really think you stand a chance? I saw that recognition in your eyes when you saw me. You've heard of me haven't you?" Nayumi smiled.

"You're still just a human." it yelled and ran at her again.

"Do you forget that I can't die!" she yelled back, and cut it aross the chest as she jumped out of the way again.

"I know how to kill you." it replied, but didn't advance toward her.

"Do you now?" she said with a smug grin.

"Yes, I must rip the blades from your wrist." it smiled.

"Just becasue you know doesn't mean you can. I've only met two demons who can touch them, and one can't even see them." she laughed.