Chapter Fourteen: Deadly Duo

"You smell awful, slayer."  Sesshomaru said when she returned to the village.

"Your keen nose is just going to have to live with it." Nayumi retorted.

"There's a river just down the hill." Sesshomaru said.

"Doesn't matter. My kimono is ruined. It will smell no matter what I do. Right now, I'm going to rest. I just had an ogre fall on me." Nayumi said.

"You two intrigue me." Jinenji's mother laughed, "You remind me of Jinenji's father and me."

"Bite your tongue." Nayumi snapped.

"I wouldn't admit to my feelings at first either." she laughed.

"I'm going to the river." Nayumi said; standing up and leaving.

        "Did I say something wrong?" the old woman asked.

"Not at all." Rin said with a huge smile.

"Lord Sesshomar! Where are you going?" Jaken exclaimed.

"That is none of your concern." Sesshomaru replied.

        Sesshomaru hid behind a tree, facing away from the river, making sure Nayumi didn't get into any trouble.

"I know you're there." Nayumi sighed. "Stay behind the tree and we won't have any issues."

"You're sharp." Sesshomaru replied; staying where he was. He did not wish to fight this time.

"Naraku sent that ogre after me." Nayumi finally said.

"He sent that pathetic demon after you?" Sesshomaru asked.

"Wasn't as weak as I thought. It could make itself bigger." Nayumi replied, " Made for a good fight, though."

"Did you get hurt?" Sesshomaru asked.

"It's nothing." Nayumi shrugged.

"How are your other wounds?" Sesshomaru asked.

"Didn't know you cared." Nayumi said; voice dripping in sarcasm.

"I merely asked a question. Doesn't mean I care." Sesshomaru replied; voice calm and unwavering like always.

"Mhm." was Nayumi's only reply.

        "So, why did you follow me?" she added after a few minutes.

"Let's test your senses. How many demons are around you?" Sesshomaru asked; ignoring her question.

"Not counting you," she paused to count, "five."

"Not bad. I didn't know your senses reached out that far." Sesshomaru said.

"I need a heads up sometimes." Nayumi shrugged, "Got to be ready to fight."

        "You coming?" Nayumi asked; Sesshomaru hadn't noticed her standing beside him.

"The farm is in the other direction." Sesshomaru said.

"Yeah, but I'm itching for another fight. What ever that old woman gave me, worked like a charm." Nayumi smiled, "Let's see how good of team we can make."

        Sesshomaru didn't immediatly follow her. At first he just walked her walk away.

Let's see if I can fight with a demon, Kikyo. Nayumi thought.

"Did you bring your sword with you because you already planned on going and finding a fight?" Sesshomaru asked; easily catching up with Nayumi.

"Pretty much." Nayumi said nonchalantly.