Suspicious

*Slight Trigger Warning: Mention of Suicide and Scars*

Draco had been acting.... Weird all day. He seemed frantic in the early hours of the day when he got out of their shared bathroom. He looked agitated this morning at breakfast and he apparently couldn't concentrate during any of their lessons. Hermione was suspicious but mostly concerned, and Harry was going full blown conspiracy theory on her and Ginny. "He's hiding something." Harry insisted that night after dinner as he eyed Draco leaving the room across the massive dining hall. It always amazed Hermione how Harry could immediately spot him out of everyone, but then again, she could do the same.

"I don't think anything's so suspicious." Ginny said soothingly, touching Harry's arm. "If anything he looks... Disheveled or upset." She offered. Which was true. He did look out of sorts.

"And that's exactly how he acted all of sixth year, upset and disheveled and we all know what happened after that." Hermione sighed and a look of pain crossed Harry's features. "That sounded harsher than I thought but... You know what I mean. Is his Dark Mark acting up?" Harry asked Hermione. Hermione cocked her head, wondering why he was asking her specifically but said nothing of it.

"The mark can't act up Harry, it no longer works. It's just... A scar." Hermione admitted. Harry touched his own scar reflexively and Ginny gave her boyfriend a sad look.

"How do you know?" Harry asked. Hermione explained to them when she had first seen it and how she confronted Draco about.... A suicide attempt. Ginny's eyes widened.

"Oh my god Hermione." Hermione sighed and shook her head a little.

"What was I supposed to think? I saw the scars and just... I thought it was just something else. I didn't even remember that Draco had the Dark Mark and that that's the arm is usually goes on." She shakes her head at herself again. "I was just worried. I didn't want to just not talk to him about it. What if he had been hurting himself?" Harry stared down at his shoes as he took in all this information. He often thought about what he had done to Draco in their sixth year.

Had his sectum sempra curse left lasting marks on his body like Snape said could happen? Did Draco hate Harry for doing that? Did he have nightmares about it like Harry did? The water on the floor had been so cold, the blood on Harry's hands so red and no matter how hard he tried to wash his hands, Harry could always feel it on his palms, his fingers and the backs of his hands. And then there was moaning myrtle's voice in his head, calling him a murderer after she begged them to stop fighting.

"Harry?" Ginny called lightly, touching her boyfriends shoulder. He looked up at her startled. "Where'd you go?" She asked. Harry tried to smile.

"Sorry love, just thinking." He stood and kissed her cheek as Hermione watched with a sigh. She didn't know what Harry had been thinking of but she had a couple of good guesses.

"I'll talk to him tonight before he heads out with the Prefects." Hermione told them. "I'm sure nothing is wrong. He just might be feeling a little stressed." Harry and Ginny nodded and said goodbye to Hermione as she headed towards her tower in the opposite direction. Hermione expected to see Draco walking ahead of her but he was nowhere in sight and he definitely wasn't in his room when she did enter the tower. Pursing her lips, Hermione prepared to take a warm shower before curling up in front of the fire to read a book. Tomorrow was Saturday and while she should finish the rest of her homework, she thought it was best to sit and wait for Draco in the common room instead of staying in her room at her desk.

But after nearly an hour of trying to read and the time ticking closer to when Draco would have to start roaming the halls with the Prefects, Hermione frowned, stood and stretched out her limbs. Dropping the blanket over her shoulders and padding towards the hallway, she glanced down at Draco's room and slowly made her way towards it. She had never knocked on his door before but maybe she should. He could be in there after all. Hermione paused as she raised her fist. Taking a deep breath she knocked and called out his name. "Draco? It's nearly time for your rounds."