Quidditch

"What do you mean you don't want to play anymore?" Ginny whined one morning at the Gryffindor table. "You're the best Seeker our school has ever had." Harry rolled his eyes.

"Perhaps but can't I just cheer on my girlfriend and her teammates? Leave the action and glory to all of you from now on?" Harry teased, making Ginny and Hermione roll their eyes next.

"Oh please, you love being in the spotlight." Hermione said.

"And watching the games won't be as fun if you're not out there." Neville continued. Ginny half glared at him.

"I'll pretend you didn't say that, for your sake." She said, turning up her nose at him and making everyone laugh.

"Come on, Garrick said he'd have a spot for you on the team even if you wanted to join last minute." Ginny said, continuing to badger her boyfriend but Harry simply shook his head, smiling lightly.

"I'm okay, really. I meant what I said about taking it easy this year and keeping a low profile. Let someone else be the Seeker for the team." Ginny pouted. It would have been so much fun to play on the same team as her boyfriend for one final year but she could tell that he was determined to stay out of the action this time around. "Fine you spoil sport." Harry leaned in and kissed her check, making her blush red.

"If Gryffindor looses every game Harry, I'm blaming you." Neville said, continuing to eat his breakfast. Hermione laughed. Neville had gotten so bold, so confident over the summer that sometimes he felt like a different person altogether.

"Don't worry, I think everyone in Gryffindor will also hate him so you won't be alone Neville." Ginny said, stabbing at her eggs with her fork.

"Oh come on." Harry groaned. Hermione giggled as his friends launched into a discussion about how Harry didn't die for all of Gryffindor to hate him for quitting the team and that Harry didn't die to be sassed by his girlfriend. Hermione rolled her eyes before she found them wandering over towards the Slytherin table, all the way on the other side of the room.

Draco was sitting with Pansy and Blaise again and they too seemed to be doing most of the talking like Neville and Ginny were doing to Harry. Draco was pushing his food around on his plate when he felt someone's gaze on him. Pansy was dishing the latest gossip she had heard from the Slytherin Common Room but Draco didn't particularly care. When he looked up, he thought he would find some first years staring at him or some sixth years flipping him off but instead, his gaze locked perfectly with Hermione across the entire hall. Hermione's eyes widened and she felt herself blush before she hurriedly looked away from him. Draco smirked.

"What's that?" Pansy asked moving forward and putting her head in front of Draco's to see what had made him nearly smile. "Who are you smiling at?"

"Oh sit Pansy he must be laughing at the state Potter is in again." Blaise said which could have been true. Ginny had very recently flung bits of food at her boyfriend and they were currently clinging to Harry's robes.

"That wasn't a Potter smirk. Trust me I've seen a lot of them." Pansy said, scanning all of the tables before her eyes landed back on Gryffindor. Directly in front of the trio was Hermione who seemed to be pointedly turning her head away from them, trying to block her face with her crazy hair. Pansy pursed her lips. Was Granger blushing?

"Sit Pansy. It was just Potter. He looks like a fool as usual." Draco said, pushing her back into her seat. Pansy licked her lips and said nothing. Draco had been smiling at Hermione. She could feel it in her bones.

----

Hermione was sitting in the common room, finishing up her homework for the day when Draco walked out of his room in Slytherin green robes and carrying his broom. Hermione eyed him in surprise and the stupidest question came out of her mouth. "You're on the quidditch team?" She said before immediately feeling like flinging herself into the fire. How long had she watched Harry and Draco fight it out in the field? Why was seeing him in his uniform so surprising? Draco glanced down at his uniform as he paused in the common room.