A Date in Hogsmeade

Pansy had Hermione cornered in the library

Pansy had Hermione cornered in the library. She had snuck up on her when Hermione wasn't looking and she looked ready to pounce. Hermione was prepared to pull out her wand until Pansy did something... Strange. She plucked one of her dark hairs off her head and held it out to Hermione, almost like a peace offering.

"What?" Hermione whispered harshly to Pansy, hardly believing what she was seeing.

"Take it. You'll want it this weekend. You're going out to Hogsmeade right?" Hermione furrowed her eyebrows, why would she need a strand of Pansy's hair to go to Hogsmeade? Unless McGonagall had changed the rules or something...

"I'm going but I don't see how..."

"With Draco right?" Hermione has never been a good liar. Her cheeks flared red immediately as she glared at Pansy.

"I'm not going with Draco. He might be going himself but I'm not going with him." She insisted. Pansy giggled. It was funny seeing how flustered Hermione was getting.

"Well now you can go with him." Pansy pulled on Hermione's arm and opened her clenched fist forcefully, dropping the single hair in her hand and closing her fingers around it.

"Why would I want to do that?" Hermione asked indignantly.

"Please, it's no secret that Draco and I once had a thing for each other." Hermione didn't like what she was hearing. Her ears felt hot. "So it'll come as no surprise for people to see the two of us together. But if someone saw the two of you hand in hand, it'll raise some eyebrows."

"Why would we be hand in hand?" Hermione snapped indignantly, agitated that Pansy had brought up the fact that she had been with Draco. Hermione wasn't even sure if she had been distinctly aware of this fact. Draco had never mentioned it. He should've. They've talked about Ron several times now. Pansy rolled her eyes.

"Because you're together obviously." Hermione opened her mouth to refute this notion. What had Draco done? She hadn't even told Ginny! Or Luna! But he had told Pansy of all people? Pansy quickly put her hand over Hermione's mouth. "And before you ask, no he didn't tell me but I know my best friend and I know how long he's been head over heels for you and I've noticed how longingly you look at him in dining hall. Keep it in your pants please Granger." Hermione felt red all over. She'd probably never stop blushing at this rate. "Also, you two were not being very secretive at that game where he caught the snitch."

"Wh-what?" Hermione whispered.

"I was going to go congratulate Draco but he was already out of the Slytherin tent and low and behold, who is he helping onto the back of his broom but Hermione Granger." Pansy said, smiling wickedly at her.

"I don't see how..." Hermione huffed, not even wanting to finish she sentence.

"Oh please Granger, Draco doesn't just let any girl take a ride on his broomstick." Hermione felt like screaming as Pansy winked at her.