Howlin' For You

Hermione walked slowly into the medical wing, searching for Draco among the sparse assortment of kids on beds or walking around the room. Nobody looked majorly hurt or sick and Hermione was relieved. Last time she had been here... Well, it hadn't been a pleasant time. And as Hermione walked further into the room, she realized that Draco was not among the students here. "Hermione." Madam Pomfrey called out. "How are you my dear, what can I do for you?" She asked. Hermione bit her lip and continued to look around the room, hoping she had missed his blond head of hair.

"I um... I'm looking for Draco." she said. "We have potions together and he left to come here because he was having some sort of allergic reaction to one of the ingredients."

"Oh well.." Madam Pomfrey looked around the room. "I'm sorry dearie but he didn't come here. I only see that boy in the dining hall." Hermione opened her mouth to reply but nothing came out. Where would Draco have gone? Was he too proud to go to the medical wing and decided instead to suffer in silence in their Head of Students Tower?

"Thanks Madam Pomfrey. I'll see you later tonight." Hermione said, turning around and rushing out of the room. As she raced back to the Head of Students Tower, zigzagging through hoards of other students, Hermione tried to come up with every possible excuse Draco would come up with when she asked him why hadn't he gone to the medical wing. As soon as she came upon the tower though, her mind instantly became blank because the door to their tower was standing wide open.

Slowly, Hermione advanced on the door and before she was even five feet from it, she could see the mess that Draco or possibly someone else had made. As she stepped into the common room though, she kenw it had to be Draco. His robe laid discarded on the back of the sofa. His books, parchment paper and quills were scattered all across the ground, heading towards the hallway. Hermione's heart caught in her throat.

"Draco!" She called out. "Draco are you okay?" Closing the door to the tower and setting her stuff down on the armchair, Hermione made her way to the hallway. The door to his room was closed and Hermione bit her lip as she approached. "Draco are you in there?" She called, knocking on the hard wood. But she didn't hear him say anything or any other noise that might indicate that he was in the room. "Draco!" Hermione called out again, feeling a little desperate as she grabbed the door handle. Immediately, she felt a small shock run up the length of her arm and she pulled back, feeling dazed. "Draco open up. I want to know if you're okay." Hermione continued nervously, Hermione began to pace.

She needed a boy. She needed someone to open the door for her so she could check if Draco was okay. It couldn't just be any boy though. It had to be someone that she knew or that Draco knew. Harry was out of the question. Neville was a good choice but an even better choice was Blaise Zabini. He knew Draco. Draco wouldn't mind if Blaise went into his room.. Right? Hadn't she seen him here before? Finding him was a different story though. Hermione knew that if she wanted to talk to Blaise, she should first find Pansy.

Stripping off her robe and dumping it on top of her books and homework in the living room, Hermione took out her wand and began to take the fastest route she could think of to the Slytherin House.  In her three months of being Head of Students, Hermione had never set foot inside the Slytherin Common Room. She knew the wall she had to whisper the password to and she knew what the password was (even though it changed nearly every week) but Hermione hadn't even tried to enter the room before now. But this was important. She needed to see if Draco was okay so without trying to think too hard about it, Hermione whispered the password to the wall, watched the brick slide open and marched straight inside.

The common room was actually more brilliantly lit than Hermione anticipated but she didn't have time to admire the architecture, the portraits, or the large window to the lake. She was on a mission. Not many people actually noticed her when she first stepped into the room but they began to once Hermione started to look around at everyone. The Common room almost became dead silent as she looked and that's when she found Pansy, sitting in a corner reading a book. She ran over to her.