Part 5

Niall apologising for his behaviour was all you needed to hear. He had been right, you had played hard to get. You'd given him the completely wrong signals. You'd teased him. Now that you had both promised to not play games anymore a weight had been lifted from your shoulders.

You made your way back into your flat to where your cousin Sam and his girlfriend Kate were sitting. Sam raised his eyebrows at you, he was born a week before you and you'd grown up living near each other. He was like a big brother and very protective of you. He and Kate had been living together in London for the last few years, while his younger brother Jack who was the same age as your sister Evie had remained back in Windsor.

You knew Sam wouldn't say anything about what he'd heard Niall say at the door when you were talking to him. You knew he wouldn't be impressed by the tone of voice Niall had used, but he knew you were feisty enough to not take any shit from someone. The fact that you had invited Niall in meant that you'd got it under control.

"Um, is it ok if my friend Niall tags along for dinner?" You asked them both, as Niall nervously gave them a nod hello.

"Yeah, course it is." Sam said before shaking Niall's hand and introducing himself.

Kate got up from the sofa and did the same. "So, shall we head off? Said we'd meet the others by 7." She said.

"Yeah, I'll just get my bag" you said as you made your way into the kitchen where your stuff was. Kate had followed you in. "Um, since when has Niall Horan been your friend?!" She whispered, she'd recognised him straight away.

"Um we met about 6 weeks ago, you know my best friend Willie who I work with, he's his cousin."

"Oh so are you actually friends or more?"

"Kinda working that out at the moment. Please can you play it cool and just treat him normally?"

You had no idea why you were asking her that. You knew she wouldn't treat him any different. That just wasn't what Kate was like. She and Sam had been together for 5 years and you had gone to school with her, you were close and you trusted her.

"You know I will" she said giving you a hug. "I have a feeling that Sam has no clue who he is though!"

"Yeah, I don't think he does!" You replied laughing. "He has no clue about music!"

You grabbed your bag and made your way out to the hall way and into the living room where Sam and Niall were making small talk about golf.

Niall stood with you as you locked up your flat and followed you over to Kate's car.

"I can drive if you want, you can have a drink then?" Niall said.

"It's ok Niall, can't drink anyway" she said laughing and cupping her little bump that had just started showing.

"Ha! Fair enough. Congratulations by the way."

"Thanks." She said. "Downside is not having a good glass of wine at the weekend."

"Be worth it though." He replied.

"Definitely"

You sat back in your seat and he reached across and entwined his fingers with yours, resting his hand in your lap. He looked at you trying to work out if that move was ok. You squeezed his hand and smiled at him.

Kate drove through the city and parked in the carpark opposite the Italian restaurant. You'd made it there in time for your 7pm reservation. Evie, Lewis and Jack were driving the hours journey from Windsor and were meeting you there.