☣⚜A Wedding Proposal⚜☣

A lady in her middle twenties was walking alone on the street. Her car broke down but thank God, her house is somewhere along the street. She was thinking about something, deep thoughts indeed. She looked around but the street is quiet. Suddenly she heard a conversation out of nowhere. When she looked in front, she saw a mother and her daughter walking hand in hand in front of her. She accidentally locked her purse in the car along with her iPhone. She walked close to the ladies to ask for a favour.

"Excuse me.. I", they didn't notice her as they were talking to each other. She waved her hand to get their attention but ended up being ignored again. So, she decided to just walk quietly until she reaches home. She overheard their conversation and it seemed like it was just a part of her memory. Even after all these years, she clearly remembers everything happened that night.  

Daughter: Mommy, why did you marry him? (The little girl looked very sad. She held her mother's hand tightly as she began to cry)

Mother: (Still smiling at the girl, she said) Because I love him, sweetheart. He seemed to be the right man. He saved me, helped me and showed me the love I have never seen.

Daughter: (The girl looked disappointed with that answer and she added) You sure he loved you? 

Mother: (Now the mom looked worried as she knows what her daughter thinks. The mom knelt on the street and put her arms around the little girl's shoulders) Look dear! I know things are not the way they used to be. I can't promise you a happy life. But mommy will try my best to give you everything you deserve. Even if mommy's not here, remember, I'll always watch over you!

Daughter: But mommy, what will I do without you? (The girl hugged her mother tightly, scared of being left alone)

Mother: Even if I'm not around, you will watch yourself. Live a life you desire without any regrets. We may not have a happy life now but if we do our best, you'll surely have a happy ending sweetheart. Remember, revenge  is not the only solution. Mommy loves you a lot. Mommy can't see you hurt. Okay? (The girl nodded) Let's go. It's getting late.

She watched the mother and daughter walking away and soon disappeared. When she turned around she realized that she has reached her home. She opened the door with a spare key and took a deep breath. Revenge. She heard clearly what the mother told her daughter about how not to revenge but she also told the daughter to live her life happily. Ironically, what if revenge is the only way to live a happy life?

****

Grace Jonah is 25. She is the CMO of Bourne Corporation. She is too young to hold such a title. She thinks she earned that title although the truth is that she was given that job. Life has never been easy ever since her mom passed away. Grace was sent to a foster family where her foster parents' children treated her bad for the next two weeks. After two weeks, a man showed up at their doorstep, self-claimed himself as her father and filed for her custody rights. It is the father she hadn't heard of since the day they left their previous house. The next thing she knew, she is a member of the Jonah's house along with his other daughters and son. She never liked any of them and they never liked her too.  The hate is mutual. Now, she's working for him in his corporation. Like it or not, she will see him every single day for as long as it takes. 

Her father is very demanding and wants things to be done the way he wanted them to be done. Grace on the other hand, has to do them for him since he is the bossy kind of boss. At times she doesn't want to do as he says. Of all the things, her father made her do, this is the worst. If only she was as important as his other precious daughters he wouldn't have gone this far. But there are no 'ifs' in her life.