f o u r t e e n

Shawn Mendes

''I thought you said you would let your career rest for a bit after your last tour so you could rest.'' Niall said from the door opening and I look up at him. ''Yes indeed, but that doesn't take away that making music and playing around with instruments calms me down. Makes my head empty. It's not like im making new music. Actually I am learning existing songs.'' I say and Niall smiles. ''I don't need an explanation for it. I just don't want you to do the thing you don't want to do. And even if you were making new music, I don't mind. If you feel a new song you have to do it because otherwise you might forget it, but please don't get yourself overworked again. You still seem very stressed.'' Niall lets out a soft worried sigh. ''I know. It just isn't in my blood to give up and sit still just because I am tired or stressed. Music always helps me out.'' A sweet smile appears on Niall his face. ''You'll be okay. I know that. Just do whatever feels good to you.'' He places a soft kiss on my head making me smile. ''I love you.'' ''I love you too.'' 

''Daddy?'' Madelyn shyly walks in and with a soft sigh I look up from my paper with the pencil still in my mouth. ''Mhm?'' ''Me like.'' She smiles sweet curiously looking at my guitar. ''You do?'' I ask as I get the pen out of my mouth. She nods and lets her fingers slowly swipe over the strings. The surprised look on her face after realizing it makes a sound as she does that is priceless. ''Weird huh?'' I chuckle as I allow her on my lap and placing the guitar back in front of us. She looks down and again plays with the strings. ''It's magical that just pulling a string you can make such beautiful sounds. Should I play you something?'' Madelyn looks at me curiously and nods. 

Madelyn happily claps her hand when I finish playing and she directly plays with the strings again. A soft chuckle left my mouth. ''Keep on trying, babygirl.'' I kiss hear head. ''Adorable.'' Both our heads look up and see Niall stand in the door opening holding his phone. ''How long have you been there?'' I ask surprised and he smiles bright. ''A little while.'' He chuckles and kisses both our heads. ''Oh. You have been filming, haven't you?'' Niall nods innocently. ''Oh.'' ''Honestly, live streamed it on Instagram and saved it.'' 

''We need to start packing.'' Niall walked into the kitchen as I got the last plate into the dishwasher. Surprised I turn around. ''For what?'' ''For a holiday.'' He smiles widely joy twinkles in his eyes. ''You've been secretly planning things without me?'' ''Yes, and I'm not gonna tell to where till we are there.'' Niall grins widely. ''Why? When? What are we going to do there? How can I pack if-'' Niall cuts off my flood of questions by placing a soft sweet kiss on my lips. ''I got this. Really. In 3 days. Around four.'' By seeing the excited and happy twinkles in Niall his eyes I know that I just have to stop questioning things and let him be him. 

''So you let me get a Christmas tree for nothing?'' I frown and Niall looks up. 'Yes, I pretty much did indeed.'' He lets out a soft chuckle while I roll my eyes. ''Dick.'' ''Your dick...'' ''Is big.'' ''Shawn, you're such a child.'' I let out a loud laugh and Niall drops his head on my shoulder. ''Of course I am.'' He closes his eyes while I kiss his head softly.

''Ni baby, you can't wear that.'' With a frown he looks down at his outfit and back at me. ''Look there is a dirty spot on here.'' As I pointed at it I hear Niall mumble an 'oh'. ''Come let me help you and get changed.'' Niall throws his arms in the air and I carefully pull off his shirt. ''My handsome babe.'' I smile grabbing his hand walking back to the bedroom. As I put the shirt into the laundry bin I walk back opening the closet. ''At least you don't have to get o-'' ''Don't you dare, Horan.'' ''Get out of the house I meant of course!'' Niall saves himself with a grin. ''Yes, that was exactly what you were going to say indeed.'' With a chuckle I grab a clean shirt. ''Don't you forget to take that one perfume with you?'' Niall shakes his head putting his arms in the air again. ''The one you only wear for me?'' Niall smiles as I nod. ''Exactly that one. Not only cuz you want it. I'm starting to like it too.'' I say as I put Niall his arms down again pressing a kiss on his lips. ''Good. Thank you.'' Niall smiles as he looks down at his new clean shirt.

''Don't you forget to get enough underwear for us? And for Madelyn loads of extra clothes too. She's messy sometimes.'' ''Shawn you sound like my mom. Please stop it. Trust me. I will get enough clothes for you, me and Madelyn.'' Madelyn looks up from her drawing as she hears her name. ''We're going on a holiday.'' Niall says. ''What?'' She looks confused from Niall to me. ''We're leaving the house to go somewhere else. Another country'' ''Yes, well that's it indeed... It sounds stupid like that.'' Niall laughs. ''It's okay that you don't understand it, sweetheart. You'll see it soon enough.'' I kiss her head sweetly and she smiles happily starting to draw again.

''Snow Maddy! Look!'' As a little kid Niall sat before the window looking at the snowflakes falling down. ''What?'' Madelyn runs towards Niall and crawls beside him. ''Great, four hands, two noses and two foreheads in my window. Who's gonna clean it? Yes the cleaning bitch Mendes it is!'' I roll my eyes with a soft chuckle. I can't get mad at their happy faces. Niall always loved snow and it are Madelyn her first snowflakes. 

''Aaliyah said there is a lot of snow over there. For a while already actually. '' I say and Niall nods. ''I know. She sends me daily pictures on Snapchat to remind me what snow looks like and show me how great Canada is.'' Niall chuckles putting a hat on his messy hair. ''Maybe we can go there next year with Christmas. Bet Madelyn will like it. It might be a little colder than England, but that may not ruin the fun.'' I say looking at Niall putting rain boots on at Madelyn. ''A little? It's like always under 0 degrees!'' Niall says and I chuckle softly. ''Yes, but for me that isn't that cold. I'm used to it.'' I say and Niall suddenly looks up from zipping Madelyn her coat. ''But if you are used to the Canadian cold, then why do you always get sick in England after just one blow of air?'' Niall says confused and I shrug my shoulders. ''I have no idea. Maybe a weird form of getting homesick...'' I laugh soft and Niall laughs soft also.

''Daddy! Here!'' Madelyn yells from the garden. Niall and Madelyn have been playing in the garden for over an hour now. The snow gets heavier and the streets are covered with a white layer. ''No, baby, I enjoy watching you. I'm getting you warm chocolate when you get in again.'' I smile as she happily gets back playing with Niall. Her clumsy running is just too adorable. Maybe I do miss Canada a lot more than I sometimes realize. I've been living in England with Niall now for some more than 3 years and still I have to get used to it. Somehow it's way more different from Canada than I thought it would be. 

''Are you coming in? You've been in the cold outside long enough now.'' I yell through the garden and they both look up. Madelyn her nose and cheeks are red and I smile when picking her up. ''Had fun in the snow with daddy?'' I ask and she nods happily. ''Good. Come.'' I set her on the kitchen isle and start pulling her outside clothes off. ''There you are.'' I say with a chuckle as I take her hat off and wrap her in a warm blanket. ''We gonna watch a movie now?'' Niall asks kissing my neck after wrapping his arms around me. ''Of course.'' Niall lets go so I can pick Madelyn up to get to the living room.  ''Thank you.'' Niall smiles as he places his cup of hot chocolate on the table. ''You're welcome, love.'' I say as I wipe the corner of his mouth clean from chocolate and sit down. ''Disney?'' I ask and Niall nods happily as we all three get comfortable to have a cozy night before we tomorrow fly to our unknown destination.