Chapter 2: Complicated

~A/N:feel free to skip~

Thank you for reading this far! This story is still a plot in progress but it will get good soon. Also the picture above is a quote I did for Eleanor. The picture is Phillip (and yes that's Matty Healman! He'll be my model actor for Phillip.)

~Story~

Eleanor slips on a springy red dress that has spaghetti straps adjustable to her shoulders. Then grabs the brush as she starts  stroking her curly locks of poofy hair. Her father told her that people with curly hair and freckles are rare and beautiful individuals. John said that to her when she was self conscious about her face in junior high. Of course Phillip had a similar problem but he only had small ones on the bridge of his nose. "Eleanor sweetie, are you almost done? " John yelled from outside her door. "Yeah be there in a sec." As she puts in her earrings.

Phillip slips on his grey sweatshirt and jeans. Going to tie his sneakers on. "Please don't tell me you're wearing that to family dinner tonight?" Alexander says watching him tie his shoes looking at him annoyed. "I see you finally want to spend time with us." "Well it's about damn time I did right?" Alexander goes to sit beside pip. "I know I haven't made things easy for you since we've lived with John and Eleanor. I've left you all alone in this and i... I want to make it up to you." As he puts his hand on Phillip's shoulder. But shrugged his hand off. "Yeah uh okay." "What? You don't believe me?" Pip gets up. "It's not that I don't but you've said you wanted to spend time with us so many times, I didn't know if we were actually going doing this." "So you want to dress like a slob and think I wouldn't notice?" "Whatever, let's just go."  "Son you know you can talk to me about anything right? I'm always here if you need me." "Well I don't need you! Not you, not john, not Eleanor. Nobody! Get the hell out of my room. I'm staying here tonight, have a good dinner." Phillip grabs his phone and pulls his hoodie over his head isolating himself. Alexander looks at him saddened at what he has said but won't take it to heart as he left the room. John was sitting in a chair looking down at the ground gloomy as ever. It's safe to say that he heard everything. "Don't think he's serious about his words. You know he didn't mean it." "Did he? Alex I don't know if this will work out."

"What do you mean?"
"I think we should take a break for a bit. Just you and Phillip."
Alexander voice cracks.
"You mean like we're breaking up?"
"No no Alex dear, I'm saying just a little break. No divorce or anything. I love you too much for that to ever happen."
He sighs in relief. 
"Oh thank the heavens."

Eleanor storms into Phillips room. "What the actual fuck? Your dad wants to spend time with us and you're not going?" Phillip removes his ear pieces with an annoyed groan. "It's better if I don't." Eleanor closed the door behind her. "Pip...they're talking about splitting up because of you. So get your shit together, get dressed, and let's go." She stated in a serious tone. That Phillip took seriously to the heart. So he got changed as Eleanor went out to the car. "Phillips coming!"

Text from Eleanor-6:30pm
Hey Jim, I hope your night is going better than mine. Phillip just caused trouble between our dad's again. Can you maybe talk to him tomorrow and see what's up? He won't open up to any of us.

~sent~

Text from Jimmy - 6:32
I'm sorry you're going through that, and yes I will try to talk to Phillip the best I can. He can be hard to get through. I'm sure everything will be fine.

~sent~

Text from Eleanor-
You say that but Jim...i think

I think Phillip is drinking again.
When I went to talk to him I saw a empty bottle of whiskey sticking out from underneath his bed. I didn't wanna say anything but, I'm honestly scared for him Jim.😯

~sent~

Text from Jim-
Shit...Phillip told me he was done with that crap. He lied to me. To us!😔 Has he ever thought about going to therapy?

~sent~

Text from Eleanor-
Yes...many many MANY times. But Phillip refuses to do it every time he seems to be in a crisis. I think you're the closest thing he has to a trusting therapist right now. I wanna talk more about this but we're at the restaurant right now. Gotta put the phone away to make awkward family conversation. See ya, luv ya Jimmy 😉❤

~sent~

To be continued....