Chapter One: Re-Discovery.

A/N: Let me make it clear there are themes in this story that are sensitive. A lot of dark themes are associated with this story. Please skip parts that may cause triggers for some. I will give warnings in every chapter that might be unsuitable to all readers.. Thank you.. Again these characters are not mine but the creation of the great Miss Shonda Rhimes... Enjoy reading...

( Cal's POV)

"Yo, Torres!" the burly gruff voice of her bestfriend, Mark, boomed over the empty hall of the ER.

                She ignored him and sat quietly at the reception area. She waited for the clock to strike 7 in the evening. It's 15 minutes before the end of her shift.

               She tried to concentrate reading the medical journal laid on her lap but to no avail her mind was somewhere else.

"Hmnnph."

                     She looked up to her tall buddy;her perfect brow arched in silent question.

"Well? Why aren't you getting up? You have to prepare first," his voice laced with impatience and exasparation.

                   She rolled her eyes, set aside the journal on the rack and shrugged her shoulders without a care.

"What?! I can't believe you, Torres" his incessant whines irritated her. "We have to be at Joe's now. Last I heard from Yang that the Annual Birthday party is in full swing now. Maybe we'll get lucky tonight, huh?!" his eyebrows wiggled in a suggestive manner.

                  Joe's bar is the main drinking stop for most of her colleagues. It's situated at the front of the hospital which made it the perfect 'hang out' for doctors like them.

"Sorry, I can't tonight."

"Come on Cal! You know I need you!"

"Need me? For what? Another hook up with some random girl? You know that you don't need me to lure a woman into your filthy bed," she sarcastically pointed out.

"BUT... Your my wingman!"

"I won't be used tonight. You know I promised lil Niña I'm gonna visit her." she excused herself. She's not really up for another wasted night of alcohol. It's becoming tiring for her. She needed rest besides her day made her impossibly grumpy due to hectic surgeries. Her ghost of a leg was painful right now due to long hours of standing. She's itching to lay down and relieve it.

"Ahuh! Who's this lil Niña? Why didn't you mentioned her? Tell me she's got a big sister you can set me up with?" his grey eyes twinkled with mischief.

            She chuckled and turned to him with so much disdain.

"Sloan sometimes I wonder why I even bother to be associated to you? You're a pig adorned with an okay face," she jokingly shove him. "FYI lil Niña isn't someone I'm seeing trying to bed. She's the little kid I assisted. She's my patient at room 4D in my ortho wing. Aren't you even listening when I'm talking about the cute kid?"she sighed.

            The six year old girl was rushed to her ER. She'd got a broken arm when the kid fell off a tree. That's according to the kid's mom.

"Oh..." his brow crinkled in concentration and tried to remember her story. Then his grey eyes lit up maybe some sense overcame her friend's memory now.

"Right! I remember"

"Yeah, maybe if you'll just throw away your cowardice and ask lil Grey out then you don't need to bug me for being your wingman, huh?" she teased him.