Chapter 5: Keep Calm

"So you're not out yet." Trevante found me later in the VIP section. "What made you come to that conclusion?" I sipped from my water looking straight forward. "Well the way you hopped up is a sign. Plus you're not looking at me so I must be right." He said. "It's too messy. Especially that I'm just starting out in the industry. You know they won't accept me if I come out right now." I said.

He nodded to himself. "I'm in the industry too. Literally no one cares if you're up front about it." He said. I chuckled and shook my head harshly. "Do you know who my family is? If this was to get out their name would be ruined, I would be ruined. It's bigger than me just like everything I do." I explained. "If you don't want to pursue anything with me I'll understand." I finished.

"Text me when you get home. I have a date to plan." He got up and headed into the crowd of people on the dance floor.

//

"You didn't have to give me the room back there." Justine's voice broke me out of my thoughts. I wasn't in the mood to party anymore so I was observing from the VIP section.

"Noel." She sat beside me. "Yeah." I turned to her. "Did you hear what I said?" She asked. "Yeah, just processing." I answered. "Are you two...you know?" She asked unsure if she should be asking. "No." I shook my head. She nodded awkwardly. "Are you lying?" She squinted her eyes. "Not at all, we just met today." I told her.

"So are you... gay?" She asked quietly so if anyone was listening in they wouldn't hear it. I scanned her eyes to see if I could trust her or not. After a beat I nodded looking down at my hands. "Does Kendall know?" She followed. "Nobody does. You're the first person that isn't a boy that I've been with." I said softly. "Hey, it's ok you know that right?" She asked placing her hand on my shoulder. I shook my head.

"No it's not." My eyes were burning from tears forming. "You're the second person that's told me that tonight but you don't understand. Nobody does." I stood wiping my eyes and heading towards the back door. "Noel!" Justine's voice called following after me. "Leave it Justine." I said firmly pushing the door open. She nodded. "Fine. But if you ever need to talk, I'm here. Ok?" She offered. "Ok." I headed out closing the door behind me.

//

"What were you and Noel talking about?" Kendall asked Justine after they left the club. They had left hours after Noel left and were in Kendall's room getting ready for bed. Justine was rooming with both Jenner sisters. As soon as Kendall mentioned Noel's name Kylie also paid attention to the conversation.

"Today?" Justine asked trying to seem clueless as to what Kendall was talking about. "Yeah, I saw you two talking in club right before he left. Is something wrong between you two?" She asked from her bed. "No, he walked in on me and Trev and I was just making sure he wasn't traumatized." Justine joked.

"Was Noel not acting weird all day to you guys though? Like jumpy kind of?" Kylie asked. Kendall shrugged her shoulders and Justine just remained silent. She had already kept the truth from them she didn't need to attract anymore suspicion towards her or Noel. "He was acting fine whenever I talked to him." Kendall said.

"When we were at lunch earlier he was zoning out and on his phone the whole time. I don't know maybe I'm overthinking but I think there is something wrong." Kylie said while simultaneously scrolling on her phone. "Maybe he has a girlfriend we don't know about." Kendall offered. "When was his last girlfriend anyway?" Justine added. "Ryan, that was a few years ago. I think they're still friends too." Kendall said. "Maybe they're back together but he doesn't want to say it right now. All I can think of." Justine was deflecting of course she would just have to tell Noel in the morning.

"Yeah maybe." Kylie yawned "I'll ask him tomorrow if you want." Justine offered. "Are you sure? Noel usually blocks out anyone that tries to get in his business." Kylie warned. Justine shrugged. "It's worth a try. Maybe he'll tell me, maybe he won't. Can't find out if I don't ask." She explained. "True." Kylie shrugged. "It's settled then." Justine smiled.