Chapter 10

"No..." Scott felt tears welling up in his eyes as well when he heard Mitch sob softly.

Avi was quick to scoot his chair over so he could pull the smaller man into his arms to hold him tight.

Despite the pain in his knee, Scott moved around as well, taking Mitch's hand and squeezed it, to show his boyfriend he was there for him.

"Can we go inside?" Mitch spoke up after a while, his voice hoarse from crying.

Avi raked his hand through Mitch's hair in a comforting manner. "Of course, Love" he said softly.

"Yeah" Scott added, wiping away the tears he himself had shed. He got up and took some money out of his pocket to cover the bill and waited for his boyfriends to join him. As usual, Avi supported his boyfriend while Mitch got to his free side and grabbed his hand for support. Slowly, the three men made their way back to their room. Once there, Avi went to the bathroom while Scott sat down on the bed and looked at Mitch, who was simply standing in the middle of the room, unsure of what to do. 

"Mitchy?" Scott said softly to gain his attention.

The smaller man flinched, but he looked at his boyfriend immediately. "Yeah?" 

"Come here." He patted the space beside him and waited for Mitch to sit down, taking his hand once he had done so. 

Mitch looked at their intertwined fingers and then up at Scott. "Thank you..." he said without even knowing what exactly he was thanking his boyfriend for. 

But Scott just shook his head. "I'd do everything for you, Mitchy. Whatever you need..."

Mitch shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know... there's so much to do, I mean, I... I need to go back to Texas. I need to be with my family. But we have the morning show tomorrow and then the event tomorrow and Jimmy Kimmel on Tuesday. I just... don't know what to do, Scott."

"I'll call Esther and take care of everything for you, Love" Avi, who had joined the meanwhile, offered. "You take care of yourself and let us do the rest, alright?" 

Mitch shrugged his shoulders. "Thank you. Maybe... I don't know when the... funeral is going to be... I could go there tomorrow and come back in time for Jimmy Kimmel?" 

Avi sighed. "I'll take care of that, Mitchy. You don't worry about these things for now."

"Yes. Thank you" Mitch replied curtly, before he looked up at Scott. "Can we lie down? Hold me?"

Scott nodded. "Definitely." He slowly lay down on the bed and stretched his arms out, waiting for Mitch to snuggle up to him. He looked at Avi who eyed them with a mixture of a smile and a worried expression on his face. 

"I'll go and talk to Esther. Take care of him, Scotty and let me know if you need me" he said to Scott, who nodded.

"Thank you, Dear" he replied, before he focused back on Mitch, who was just lying inside his arms, sniffling softly. 

Avi smiled back at the blonde sadly, before he turned around and left the room to go over to his sister, who was in her room having a quiet night in.

Scott stayed with Mitch and simply held him when the soft sniffles turned into heavy sobs. He didn't say anything, he just let Mitch cry, knowing that this was what he needed in that moment.

It was only when Mitch had fallen silent after a while and Scott thought he'd fallen asleep that Mitch spoke up again.

"Why now, Scotty? Why her? When I saw her last week she was so... lively, so happy. I just can't believe that she's gone..." Mitch whispered.