Chapter 29

As expected, the following week was hard on the triad. They were busy in New York and contrary to Kirstie and Kevin, who decided to spend an additional day in the city, Mitch and Scott had to hurry home to promote their first EP and to work on their second one and of course Avi joined them. Not only because he wanted to accompany his boyfriends, he also was working on the finishing touches of his solo project.

After a rather short night, they delved right into work, Mitch and Scott had quite a few interviews scheduled and Avi left the house with them, headed for the studio. 

It went the same for the following days, leaving the house early, only coming back far after midnight. And it took its toll, especially on Avi, who only got to see his boyfriends for half an hour in the morning while they were getting ready and then at night while they were maybe having a snack or just dropping into bed to sleep. But he never complained. He knew that his boyfriends had to do all this and he just wanted to do whatever he could to support them. He never failed to send them cute messages during the day, he laid out the bedsheets for them at night, heated up the grain pillows one night when Scott's back was achy and just did his best to be there for his boyfriends.

But still, he missed them, even though he slept was right next to them each night.

"Avi, Love?" Mitch said one morning as they were getting ready.

"Yes, dear?" Avi replied.

"We might finish earlier tonight... like around dinner time... Let's go out or something?" Mitch asked as he took the cup of coffee from his boyfriend.

"Sure" Avi returned happily. "Where to?"

"Ummmm... I don't care... maybe the Indian place?"

"Indian it is. I'll book a table for 8?" Avi asked.

"8 sounds lovely, thank you so much" Mitch returned and downed the rest of his coffee. "I'll see you tonight then, dear? We'll come home before dinner." He leaned up and kissed Avi's lips softly, before leaving the kitchen to put on his shoes.

Scott walked up to Avi as well and leaned down to kiss him goodbye. "I can't wait to spend some time with you tonight" the blonde said. "Love you."

"Love you too. Have a productive day" Avi returned with a smile on his face as he watched his boyfriends leave.

It was later that day and Avi was already back at home from running a few errands and had settled down to work on some music, when he heard the sound of his phone.

"I'm so sorry, Avi, we can't make it to our dinner date tonight. The photographer is stuck in traffic and she'll need a while actually get here... Sorry. We love you."

Avi looked down at the message from Mitch and sighed, before he replied: "That's life, it happens. Just let me know when you'll arrive, I might get some take out then?! Love you." Afterwards he went back to the piano to continue working on an arrangement.

It was two hours later when his phone beeped again, this time with a message from Scott: "Thanks for the offer, Lovely, but an assistant got Chinese for us. Get yourself some dinner, we'll wrap up soon and will be home before midnight."

"I will. Take care, Loves." He put his phone away and then walked over into the kitchen to cook himself something for dinner, as he didn't feel like ordering take out and also wanted to kill some time before his boyfriends would be back.

~

A few busy days later, Mich and Scott finally had the opportunity to sleep in due to a few late night studio sessions after which they decided that they would just start at noon for once.