Chapter 6

"Harry?" Ron asks as I walk into the common room. I freeze as I see everyone is sitting and staring at me "Where have you been?"

 "Don't worry about it..." I sigh and look at Malfoy, who sits posterlessly in an armchair "Did I actually break your nose?"

 She nods "But don't worry about it..." she sighs and slides lower into her chair. "Where were you?"

 I shrug "I was flying... then I talked to someone for awhile." I give a false smirk and lean against a bookshelf.

 "Who'd you talk to?" Hermione asks, curiously "Love interest?" Malfoy shifts in her armchair, listening intensely.

 "No." I sigh "It was a dude...." I sit in an armchair and cross my legs "And he's not to fond of me, now..."

 "What's that supposed to mean?" Hermione asks. I shrug and walk past him, hitting his arm with my shoulder. I get all the way to the hallway, before Hermione spits "You realize you're the one shutting us out, right?"

 I fakely gasp "I had no idea!" I walk to my dorm and grabbed clothes, before walking to the showers.

 "Harry!" Hermione screams "Come here! Now!" I sigh and lean against the doorframe of these common room. "Why are you shutting us out?" He huffs.

 I shrug "Last time I trusted you with a secret, you pushed it." I scuff "I wasn't ready to deal with it... but you two...." I point to Hermione and Malfoy "You two pushed it." I bite my lip and nod "Now, I'm rushed to deal, prematurely." and with that, I walk out of the common room and into the bathroom. Before I can start getting undressed. I groan and open the door. Malfoy stands in the doorway. As I slam the door, she puts her foot in the door. I sigh "What do you want, Malfoy?"

 "You didn't come to breakfast, lunch, or dinner." She explains, looking at me, concern baring in her eyes.

 I shrug "So what?" I shift and move the door in front of me. I'm not hungry... well that's a lie. I just don't want to eat.

 She holds out a granola bar, smacking it into my hand. I stare at her, expecting her to leave. But she doesn't. "Eat it." she orders "I'm not leaving until you eat it.

 I groan and open the wrapper, biting into it. "Happy?" she nods and I sigh "Now, I'm going to shower."

 I slam the door in her face and throw the granola bar into the rubbish, along with the bite in my mouth.

~

 I scream out in the dark and fall to the ground, trembling. The lights flash on and Malfoy is by my side. I push her away and bring my legs up to my chest, trembling, rocking back and fourth. Malfoy hisses "Get Granger!"

 And a minute later, Hermione stands next to me as I cry. He tried to calm me, but I pushed him back "Malfoy, do you know any lullabies?"

 Malfoy nods, confused "Of course I do. Everyone got lullabies as a ki-" she stops short, probably realizing I didn't.

 She hums softly as she kneels beside me, before singing "Deep in the meadows, Under the williows, a bed of grass, a soft green pillow." (yes, it's the hunger games, but whatever)

 She scoots closer and continues "Here it's safe, and here it's warm. Here the daisies guard you from every harm. Here your dreams are sweet, and tomorrow brings them true." My breathing slows "Here is the place where I love you."

 She sits beside me, trying not to frighten me "Deep in the meadow, hidden far away. A cloak of green, a moon beam ray. Forget your woes, and let your troubles lay. And when again it's morning, they'll wash away."

 She scoots right nexts to me and whispers "Here it's safe, and here it's warm. Here the daisies guard you from every harm. Here your dreams are sweet, and tomorrow brings them true." I lean my head on her shoulder "Here is the place where I love you."

 After a long minute of silence, Hermione sighs "Harry, are you okay?" I nod against Malfoy's shoulder.

 I breathe shakenly "I'm sorry..." I force out before standing and walking out of the room and walking into Hogwarts, ignoring everyone calling after me.

~

 The wind hit my legs as I sit against the railing of the Astronomy Tower, letting my legs dangle off. This is the first time I've been here, that I haven't been disturbed. I'd be oh so easy to jump off... but I don't.

~

 "Harry!" I turn to find the twins running up to me "Harry, tell us you weren't serious yesterday!"

 I sigh "I'm sorry, but I suck at Quidditch. I don't want to hold you guys back..." I shift and walk people walk by.

 "So?" George shrugs "It doesn't matter! You're a part of the team!" he huffs "You're family, Harry!"

 I sigh "I'll hold the team back..."

 Fred shrugs "Practice is at 5." he turns and looks me up and down "Be there."

 I walk into potions and put my stuff down, turning to Ginny "The twins have decided that I'm not quitting."

 The Slytherin Trio walks over and Malfoy smiles "Looks like the Golden boy is back." I scuff and she smiles "Welcome back Miss Potter."

 I smile, weakly as class begins "I know everyone is very excited about the goblet of fire, but we still have class." Snape says, monotonously "Today, we will be looking at the components of the veritaserum."

 Snape goes into an hour long talk over the rare ingredients over the truth potion... but I quickly lose interest and start drawing on my parchment. "Potter!" Snape slams his hand over my parchment "How about you be our subject?"

 I frown "I thought the use of veritasserum is prohibited without permission from the headmaster and the minister?"

 He nods "Yes, that's very correct, but I have their permission. Now." he points to the front of the class "Up."

 I sigh and walk up to the front, sitting on a stool. Snape hands me a small syringe and I squirt it into my mouth "Now, will Harry's common roommates, come up."

 The six walk up and Snape says "Follow me." we follow him into the next room and he continues "Question him, I'll be back in five minutes."

 He walks away and they start "Why are you skipping meals?" Malfoy asks, instantly asks. The serum speaks for me.

 "I don't eat." I say numbly.

 "Why?" Pansy asks.

 "I don't feel like I need to. I'm dead already, so why not really end it?" they stare at me in horror.

 Ron clears her throat "Why did your uncle beat you?" Hermione's hand covers Ron's mouth, but it's to late.

 "I was drunk. Dudley overpowered me. Raped me. And, when Uncle Vernon walked in, said I corrupted him." I speak roboticily.

 Every one, except Malfoy and Hermione, looks at me in pity. Ginny gulps "Is their anything else you're not telling us?"

 "Yes."

 Blaise sighs "What is i-"

 "Times up." Snape walks back in, interrupting us. "Everyone go to their seats. Potter, follow me." I follow and sit back on the stool "Potter, what is your weirdest fantasy you wish to live out?"

 "Kissing the person I like while we ride a unicorn, under a rainbow, screaming 'gay' at the top of our lungs."

 There's a few chuckles. But my friends stay stoned worried as they stare at me. Snape asks "And why would you do that?"

 "Because I'm gay. I like gay things. I guess the explosive potion also changed our sexual preference. For instance, I ask gay before, now I'm lesbian..."

 "Thank you, Miss Potter." he hands me another syringe "It's the counter balance for the potion." I squeeze it into my mouth and return to my seat, getting pitiful looks from my friends.