Chapter 16

I swim along the boats as they go back to the shore. Draco laughs every time I do a leap over her boat. About halfway there, Krum calls me over. "Hey! Little Miss Mermaid!" he smirks "Come over here!"

 I give Draco a peck before swimming over to the champions boat, which I would have been in, if I would have timed my transferrmation right. Cedric smiles at me and I sigh "What are you three talking about?"

 "The third task." Flure shrugs "We know what it is, the grandiouse told me, before it threw me to the surface."

 "It's a maze." Cedric sighs, leaning against the side of the boat "The trophy will be in the middle of it."

 I frown in confusion "No, the wouldn't make it that easy." I shake my head "First Dragons, then merpeople..." I sigh "It can't be that easy."

 Krum shrugs "It make sense." he sighs "First task, dragons, they're physical tasks. Second, loved ones being taken, that's emotional. Third, a maze." he shifts "Completely alone, wondering without directions, it'll drive us to the point of insanity."

 I sigh "Sucks to be the weak one, aye?" they look at me in confusion and I shrug "I got hurt the worst in the first task, I took the longest in the lake and I'll be the one that flips shite in the maze."

 Cedric shakes his head "But you also gotten the fastest time and you slayed the Dragon." he points to Krum "Even big guy didn't slay his."

 Krum shrugs and Cedric continues "You were also knocked out for fifty of those sixty minutes."

 "So what?" I ask, shaking my head "There's no way I win this." I look back to see Draco looking at me with concern "I'll breakdown in a matter of minutes..."

 "You went back during the break, didn't you?" Cedric asks, furrowing his brow. He's a good friend, I've talked to him about some stuff... but he didn't know about my break... nobody knows. I nod and he shakes his head "And it happened again, didn't it?"

 I clear my throat is whisper "I gotta go..." I turn to learn, but he grabs my wrist and I cry out "Let me go!" partly remembering the first night of break, where Dudley taped my wrists onto the matress.

 His face goes heartbroken and he released me, whispering "I'm sorry, Harry... about everything." I shake my head, before ducking under the water and swim down, into the seaweed.

~

 After a shower, I sit in the common room. They found the minsters body in the forest, they say they found a glass eye next to the body. Somebodies been impersonating Moody!

 Naturally, the who school is in lockdown. The regular six are here, laying around the common room, Draco's by my side. The other three champions are also here, alone with the twins, who later in the common room. They brought a map of the maze. The five of us sit at the table, trying to memorize the map. We've been at this for hours, when my eyes can't bare to look at it any longer. I sigh "I'm going to make some tea."

 "How about some hot chocolate?" Fred smiles, hanging a pot above the fire "George and I have been making treats, for our shop that we plan to open."

 "Ay." George smiles, tinkering on a fireshow "We've also made s'mores. Ever have one, Krum?"

 Krum shakes his head from behind the table "What's in a s'more?" Cedric blows out the candles around the map and follows Krum out from the table.

 "Come on big guy." Hermione smiles "We'll show you." We sit in a semicircle around the fireplace and I sit in between Draco's legs, my back against her chest.

 Hermione hands everyone a long stick and a marshmallow "Hold this over the fire into it's brown."

 As we wait, the twins pass out metal mugs of hot chocolate. I smile as Draco wraps her arms around my waist. "Truth or Dare?" Hermione asks.