03 : home

CHAPTER THREE

"The entire time I knew Thanos, he only ever had one goal: to bring balance to the universe by wiping out half of all life," Gamora started. She stared outside a glass window as the others listened to her carefully. Meanwhile, Thor was wrapped in a blanket that was given by the group, and is currently eating some kind of soup. "He used to kill people, planet by planet, massacre by massacre," she added, looking back at the others.

"Including my own," Drax mumbled as he looked down.

Gamora continued, "if he gets all infinity stones, he could do it with a snap of his fingers like this," she snapped her fingers once and halted near Quill.

"How did you know all of this?" Thor asked, stopping his eating for a while.

Drax pointed at Gamora and said, "Gamora is the daughter of Thanos."

Thor slowly looked up at the girl. "Your father killed my brother," he said and stood up quickly. He walked towards Gamora, making the others alert and walk behind their teammate.

"Oh boy," Peter said, "step father, technically, she hates him as much as you do."

Thor stopped in front of the girl and placed a hand on her shoulder, in a comforting way. Gamora looked at the hand, and then up at him. "Thanos can be tough," he said, "before my father died, he told me I had a half-sister, she's imprisoned in hell. Then, she returned home and stabbed me in the eye. I, then, killed her. That's my life, round and round. I feel your pain."

As Thor was talking, Peter Quill made faces at his hand that was resting on Gamora's shoulder. He looked up after he was finished and stepped up beside his girl.

"I feel your pain, as well," Peter said, looking at the two back and forth. "Because, I mean- it's not a competition, but, I'm the fath- no, I had a father and a mother... but I had to kill my father. My life's hard, probably harder than killing a sister," he continued nonchalantly.

Thor nodded once and moved farther away from the group, he stopped in front of a small tablet. "How do I open this thing? Uhh, a four digit code?" he said, tapping his guessed code quickly "or maybe, like a birthday."

"Uhh, what are you doin'?" Rocket asked.

"Taking your pod," Thor responded.

Peter cleared his throat and stepped forward, "no you're not!" he said, clearly making his voice deeper for it to sound close to the god's. "You'll not be taking our pod today, sir."

"Uhh Quill, are you making your voice deeper?" Rocket asked.

"No," Quill lied.

"You're imitating the God, it's weird," Drax said.

"No I'm not!" Quill exclaimed, still with his voice lowered down.

"He just did it again!" Mantis pointed out.

"This is my voice!"