thank you.

✧∘ଂ ࿐ ཾ

almost three years ago, i rewatched the sandlot for the first time in a while, and i absolutely fell in love with benny. i remember sitting on the couch at my grandma's house, and instantly after the movie ended, i started writing a story.

i remember being so excited that i rushed into it. all that matters was not planned at all - i just wanted to get something out there. and i did not, in the least, expect it to grow as much as it has. at the start, i did not plan on writing three books and becoming attached to the characters i had taken and made into my own.

if not for writing these stories, i don't think my love for the characters would have grown as much as it did. when i watch the sandlot, i no longer see the characters as they're represented in the movie. i see caring, reserved denunez. i see goofy, clumsy bertram. i see sweetheart, starry-eyed benny. i even see him going home to a wonderful mother and a sister who looks exactly like selena gomez.

my growth has been recorded into my writing through the years. i've grown with kayla. i have stressed the fear of adulthood so much bc that is what i'm approaching, and i am scared... and leaving this story, to me, feels like abandoning childhood, once and for all.

thank you all for reading this far and for being my friends. for being the ones that i could tell things to and not have to worry about being ignored. all of your comments and compliments, all of them, have made my entire life. i can't say how much it means to me without sounding cheesy, but... it sincerely means the world. truly, truly, truly.

STAY GOLD!

FOR FUTURE REFERENCE!
(TO RECORD GROWTH)

All That Matters
318k reads
8.83k votes
9.55k comments

Purpose
43.2k reads
1.55k votes
1.09k comments

Fall
20.6k reads
1.14k votes
1.02k comments