Dealing With It

-Gray's POV-

'I was pissed off to say the least, Natsu went way to far. Not only was he with Juvia, he was doing it in Lucy's apartment.' I thought to myself as I hugged Lucy. 'Yes, it hurts, Juvia picked flame brain after obsessing over me for months on end, but I'll be strong for Lucy.'

I looked down at her. "Hey Luce, its OK..." I tried to comfort her.

She pulled her head from my chest and looked into my eyes. She wiped her tears and sniffed. "Gray, its not OK, people shouldn't do that, but you know what, I'm going just move on..." She said putting on a strong front, but I could see the pain in her eyes.

"I need to leave here." She said looking at the bedroom.

"I'll take you to my place, then I'll make you a strawberry milkshake." I offered.

She shook her head. "No. I need a break from this whole guild thing. Joining Fairy Tail was my dream, but sometimes you need a break from your dreams."

I looked at her carefully. "Alright, we go to the guild, leave, we go train together, and we come back and hopefully it'll all be sorted when we come back." I smiled softly at her.

"You don't have to leave..." She says in shame.

"But I want to. A break will do me some good too."

She nodded as we exited her house and slowly walked to the guild together. I hung my arm around her shoulders as we walked to keep her close, a way for her to know I'm there for her, and also a way for me to feel that I'm not alone.

When I opened the doors of the guild and entered with Lucy, everyone was in shock from the scene of Natsu and Juvia acting all coupley out of no where.

I took this as an opportunity to go to Master's office undetected with Lucy. When we had made it up the stares, Laxus was there.

"What are you two doing?" He raised a brow.

"We're going to talk to Makarov." I told him.

"Is it to do with that abomination down there?" He said referring to Natsu and Juvia I assume.

Lucy nodded her head to answer his question.

"Well whatever happen, I'm here to help if you need it." He smirked.

I nodded. "Thanks Laxus, but we'll be gone for a while."

He nodded back in understanding, as Lucy and I continued toward the Master's office. I gave the wooden door a knock as I heard a faint 'come in'

I entered the small office with Lucy beside me.

"What can I do for you my children." He smiled looking up at us.

"I want to leave the guild temporarily." Lucy blurted out.

Makarov seemed shocked.

"We both do, we need a break so we're going to train together." I filled in the blanks.

"Alright, but is there any other reasons behind this sudden decision?" The small man asked.

"You'll see when you go into the main Hall Master." I said.

He nodded. "Alright, once your marks are gone, you can go, but remember your always welcome back and do hope you come back soon." He smiled softly.

Makarov mumbled a spell as my chest, where the mark was, started to tingle. I saw Lucy's mark fading from her hand.

"Thank you Master." Lucy stated.

"Yes. Thank you, and we'll see you again." I smiled as I headed back out with Lucy.

People were still to wrapped up with Natsu and Juvia to notice us leave the hall.

"You didn't have to come with me Gray..." She said as we walked toward the train station.

"Well I wanted to, and we both need the support." I said truthfully. She nodded as a response.

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair.

"Gray..."

"Yes Lucy?"

"Your shirt..."

"Oh crap! Where is it!?" I yelled looking around for my missing shirt.

Lucy gave it to me after I frantically looked everywhere, I heard her stifle a giggle and saw her smiling weakly, making me smile in response.

"Let's get these tickets." I ruffled her hair going over to the ticket booth,buying two tickets for the train to the mountains.