6/25

Carter;

July 5th 2012.

Liam;

What?

Carter;

The day I got burned. July 5th 2012.

Liam;

You don’t have to tell me this, Carter.

Carter;

Shut up, Li.

Liam;

Okay.

Carter;

We had been dating for a while. Around two and a half years…I really thought he was the one, you know? I thought he was the one I was going to marry and complain about not wanting to get stretch marks with but really I would gladly have a soccer team of children with him.

Liam;

Did he cheat on you…?

Carter;

I’m getting there.

I hadn’t seen him in five almost six months. I hated his job so much…and he knew I did. He KNEW that I was afraid and he still left me almost immediately after he returned. I dreaded mail days. I feared phone calls. But, yet I lived for them both. They were my only communication with him for months.

Liam;

Carter…

Carter;

July 5th 2012. I wasn’t doing anything special. Just sitting on the couch and have pointless conversations with people I hadn’t seen in years on Facebook. I found myself doing that a lot while he was gone…I got the call from his mother. She was hysterical and I knew…I fucking knew what happened.

Liam;

Carter…

Carter;

They said he died an honorable man.

I got his last letter a week after he died. They found it in his belongings and sent it off. He asked me to spend his life with him.

Liam;

I had no idea…

Carter;

I was so angry for so long. I was in my junior year of high school and I just wanted to quit. I thought about how I BEGGED him not to go.

He broke my heart without even meaning to.

Liam;

Maybe you aren’t odd after all.

Carter;

Odd is about the only thing I am now.

--

I don’t really know anything about how they pass the news to love ones…but there you go.

I’ll be updating 6/26-6/29 tomorrow. :-)

Happy readings babes!