Chapter - 5: A thirst for adventure.

(Sorry, for not updating for awhile. I'll do my best to not let that happen, again. Anyways,hope you enjoy the story.)

After almost 6 hours of sleep, Sonic was suddenly woken up by a cold and forceful touch, being rocked back and fourth until he got up. 

"Sonic! Hey, wake up! It's time to go!" Knuckles yelled rocking Sonic back and fourth.

"Huh, what?" Sonic began to stir trying to get up off the floor. 

"You forgot to set a timer for 4:00. Luckily I had to use the restroom." Knuckles explained starting to walk over to Tails to wake him up but noticed he was already getting up since Knuckles yelled just to get Sonic up.

"Gosh, could you please be a little more quiet? I'm trying to sleep." Tails groaned grabbing a blanket and pulling it over his head. 

"Hey! Don't go back to sleep! We're heading out, right now!" Knuckles yelled, again while yanking the blanket off of Tails.

"Aawweeeee...Why?" Tails asked and began to rub his eyes.

"I said we were getting up at this time but I guess I passed out and forgot." Sonic told Tails.

"Alright, let me know when you guys are ready. I'll be waiting in the living room." Knuckles then walked out of the room to wait on them. 

Tails then got up to grab his backpack and put on his goggles and his seatbelt belt. Once Tails got done putting on his belt he started to fall asleep, again which made him start to fall down but luckily got caught by Sonic before he fell. 

"Huh, what? Oh, thanks Sonic." Tails told Sonic while smiling at him. 

"You alright?" Sonic asked a little concerned.

"Yeah, I'm just really tired. I honestly don't like getting up this early." Tails replied trying to pick himself up while yawning. 

Sonic then smiled back at Tails due to how cute he was which made Sonic start to blush and gain the urge to kiss him but held back because he didn't want to ruin anything between them.

"Well...we should get going. Knuckles is waiting on us." Sonic said letting go of Tails and started to walk out of the door until he was stopped by Tails who grabbed his hand and pulled him into a hug.  Sonic just sat there starting to blush a bright red while trying to figure if this is real or not.

"Thank you, Sonic." Tails thanked starting to blush. 

"F-for what?" Sonic asked staring at Tails who then perked his head up to look back at Sonic. 

"Just for being there. Since the almost beginning. When I had no friends, when I was made fun of and when I didn't have a family." Tails explained almost tearing up while digging his face into Sonics chest hugging him even more tight. 

"W-well..t-that's ok. I-it's nothing that special. I mean, why are friends for?" Sonic said trying to act normal.

"You're more than a friend to me...probably even more than a brother." Tails mumbled.

Tails then let go of Sonic and walked past him out the bedroom door while brushing his Tails across Sonics chin making him follow Tails. Once they made it into the living room they noticed Knuckles was waiting for them by the front door ready to leave.

"Alright, we should take my plane. We'll get there faster if we fly." Tails suggested.

They then walked out of the house heading to the hanger where Tails plane was parked. 

"Wait...how will I sit in here if this plane only has two seats?" Knuckles asked confused.

"Oh, I you're gonna have to sit on one of the wings, I have strings and rope so you can strap your storage on the plane, and so you can use it to strap yourself on the wing." Tails replied giving a slight grin.  

"*sigh* Whatever..." Knuckles replied tossing his backs onto the wing.

Tails and Sonic the got in their seats and began to strap themselves in, same with knuckles who was also strapping his bags to the plane.

Tails then began to check his plane to see if it was ready for flight. "Ok, propeller, check. Turbulence, check. Gas, check. Thro*"

"Oh my God. Can you just shut up and go." Knuckles complained rather harsh.

"Hey Knuckles, why don't you shut up and Let him do his work?" Sonic retorted back at Knuckles.

"N-no, it's ok Sonic. Besides...I checked yesterday and everything was fine." Tails mentioned to Sonic.

"Yeah, Sonic. Maybe you shouldn't be so over protective over your boyfriend." Knuckles Taunted.

Sonic then looked at Knuckles with a death glare while Tails blushed at the fact that he said something like that.

"I wish that was true..." Tails mumbled.

"What was that?" Knuckles asked Tails thinking he said something harsh.

"Nothing. Lets just get going." Tails replied while he began to start the plane and put it in gear. The pane then Hagen to move and soon began to take off.

"Okay, looks a like no bad storms are bound to happen so this ride shouldn't take too long." Tails added while shifting years.

After almost 2 hours of flying, Tails noticed dark clouds in the distance and lightning. Tails shriveled from the sight and started to shake a little.

"U-umm...S-sonic you might w-want to see this." Tails said shaking up on his words.

Sonic then looks duo and saw the storm in the distance.

"Oh Jesus...Tails I need you to stay strong." Sonic explained.

"I can't Sonic! You know I hate lightning!" Tails almost sreeched from the thought.

"Shh...it's okay, Tails. I'll help you get through this." Sonic said while hugging Tails from the back.

Sonic then sat down behind Goals in the same seat making Tails sit on his lap. Tails face almost red as a tomato but was then pulled close by Sonic who was wrapping the seatbelt around them.

"Knuckles! Knuckles wake up!" Sonic yelled.

"Hm? Huh? What?" Knuckles slowly said trying to wake himself up.

"There's a storm coming. Quickly get in the back seat!" Sonic yelled, again.

Knuckles then quickly unstrapped himself and climed over to reach the back seat. Once Knuckles strapped himself in, Sonic then helped keep control of the plane with Tails.

"I'm not the best pilot but I'll do my best to help you out." Sonic said while wrapping his hands around Tails holding into the throttle and joystick.

Tails blushed at the fact that Sonic was so close to him but then stopped himself and started to paying attention to the storm they were approaching.

"Dear god, help us." Knuckles prayed as they were approaching the pitch black cloud.