Chapter - 8: Kemara42

"Kn-knuckles...i-its not what it looks like!"
Tails quickly said trying to act normal.

"What do you mean it's not what it looks like? I saw you two making out acting like nothing happened while I'm here trying to shake off the fact that my damn shoulder is dislocated!" Knuckles responded in an aggressive tone.

"N-no I-I-I was...just checking if he was injur*..."
Tails tried explaining soon getting cut off my Knuckles.

"Bull! I've been watching how much you two have gotten closer and closer since this journey started and it's making me sick! I'm going after eggman myself. I don't you two getting in my way." Knuckles yelled while walking away.

"Wsit! Knuckles! You've got it all wrong!" Tails yelled for him trying to get up but held back by Sonic.

"Tails. I doesn't matter anymore. He obviously knows. Besides...who cares about him if that's what he really thinks anyways?" Sonic Explained trying to pull Tails in for a hug.

"Well...I guess. Its just. He probably hates us." Tails stated feeling down.

"Its alright Tails. We should just try to forget about it. Remember are friends are in danger." Sonic replied still urging Tails for a hug.

Tails happily accepted it and after what seemed like 30 min. they had finally to let go of eachothers warm grasp. Tails looked up at Sonic deeply. Forgetting almost everything around him. Not a sound ecxpet the swiftly wind off of the leaves causing them to blow in the breeze. Tails knew This was his chance, he needed to tell sonic he had feelings for him.
But he always had that voice in the back of his head saying "Don't do it!", "He wouldn't feel the same" and so much more in which prevented him from even spitting out one word. Sonic was also staring deeply into Tails glistening blue eyes. He had the biggest urge to press his lips against Tails but that was soon cut off by Tails had looked to the left and told him to look at what was in the distance. Sonic sighed quietly while twisting his head to where Tails was pointing noticing a watch tower in the distance.

"I thinks that's Eggmans defense towers! Iv'e seen and studied on how they're used and placed, I'm poitive he calls them kemara42's and he's constructed those on his ship. His headquarters should be another 34 miles past that." Tails examined while calculating the distance from there position to the tower on his device. Sonic always loved it when Tails started acting nerdy and tried explaining to Sonic things that made no sense to him.

"It should take us about about 28 hours, 12 min. If we walked there, thats including night travel. I know we can make it but my leg is in so much pain. I need something to be able to walk on it."
Tails explained worringly looking down at his leg.

"Goodness Tails. That's getting really bad
Maybe we can make a splint for it. But that tower Doesn't sound too far." Sonic said examining the building in the fat distance.

"W-what? Sonic. Did you not hear how long I said it would take?" Tails Replied rather annoyed.

"Yeah! I only say that because I bet we could get there a lot faster if I pick you up and I just ran there!" Sonic stated feeling rather smart.

"Ppffftt...yeah right. Like you could carry me at a*" Tails was about to retort Sonics statement until he got picked up and thrown on the back of sonic. "S-sonic what are to*?"

"I'm carrying us there weather you like it or not! Your better hang on!" Sonic stated feeling anxious to run.

"Wait! Wait!" Tails tried getting Sonics attention but Sonic bullted off making Tails hang on for dear life.

After what seemed like an hour Tails began to feel whoozey. "Sonic...I feel...I feel like...I'm getting sick" Tails tried getting his words out without throwing up.