Chapter - 9: Dogma-C

Sonic quickly jerked his face towards the bang, noticing a ship dropping crates at the Kemara42 tower Tails was talking about. He then looked down and noticed Tails was surprisingly still asleep, he assumed Tails would've woken up from such a harsh noise but he guessed it understandable due to how tired Tails was. Sonic than slowly got up trying to not wake Tails up from his obviously very deep slumber but stopped himself from the sight of Tails. He began to daydream about the wind breezing across Tails bright yellow  fur, a flower which fell on his head blooming across his face,  his bright heart warming smil*...*BAM*...another noise erupted from the towers.

"*sigh*...seriously? I can't get some peace and quiet for at least a couple of minutes?" Sonic groaned with annoyance. 

Tails suddenly started to stir awake while beginning to rise from the ground. Sonic than noticed that Tails had woken up and started to lose his train of thought again. Sonic's eyes brought there attention back to Tails as he carefully sat up while giving a very sluggish yawn, soon to be lead by a long back popping stretch and light lip smacking. Tails than regained awareness of his surroundings and was about to stand up until he turned to his left and saw Sonic staring at him like he was...astonished.

"Good morning Sonic!" Tails happily greeted with a bright smile trying to break the silence.

"W-wha*...oh g-good morning Tails!" Sonic replied trying to shake his head from his original thoughts.

"What was that noise?" Tails asked confused while scratching the back of his right ear. 

"I think it was from that Kemara42 place you were talking about earlier." Sonic replied while getting up to go see the tower but stopped as he saw Tails trying to get up and decided to lend Tails a hand. Tails accepted his gesture but a loud bang caused Tails to jump up quickly and accidentally smash his face into Sonic's causing their lips to connect. Tails forcefully and quickly jerked back pushing Sonic away from him, disconnecting their lips. Sonic sat there in utter shock and blushing a bright red along with Tails. They both sat there in silence for a while looking away from one another but constantly stealing glances back at each other here an there, until another bang from the headquarters interrupted them.

"D-did he...he just...did..." Sonic kept trying to ask himself that one question in his head but couldn't believe even think it, while placing his fingers on his lips. 

"Umm...maybe we should go check out what they're doing." Tails declared interrupting Sonic's thoughts. Tails than started limping over to the log slowly, trying to keep his eyes off of Sonic to get a good look at the tower.

Once Tails sat down on the log to keep his leg supported better, Sonic came up from behind him (still standing)  and started to examine the place.

"There seems to be a helicopter over there dropping what seems to be crates." Sonic observed while pointing towards the towers. 

"Look! They have a truck or something that's holding more crates. It must be for supplies or storage units." Tails also pointed but below the helicopter trying to forget what had jsut happened earlier between the two.

"You think they have Intel on what Eggman's planning or our friends locations?" Sonic asked Tails while placing his finger on his chin.

"I'm not quit sure. They're his defense towers so maybe his actual headquarters are past them." Tails responded while looking back at Sonic.

"So how should we get in? Not only does he have the Kemara towers but he has walls surrounding his whole base, there's turrets guarding the walls, helicopters, and who knows what else." Sonic questioned looking back at Tails.

He was right, the more Sonic had infiltrated Eggmans headquarters, the more Eggman had improved upon his security. Tails looked back at the tower and tried thinking of ways to get in. He than pulled out his book and pencil to sketch out their view of the base to conduct a plan. As Tails started to sketch the place Sonic grabbed Tails binoculars and noticed that the helicopter was finished loading the crates and the vehicle started to drive inside of the base.