eleven

note: i have to admit, i waited until this story reached 280 reads to update but i had this in my drafts for days🙈. fluff towards the end. lots of dialogue.
also: thank you so much for all the votes and comments! i love you guys 😭

The next day was the worst yet since the Marauders went into their seventh year

The next day was the worst yet since the Marauders went into their seventh year. The full moon the night prior had drained all four of them, with James and Remus still in the hospital wing, Sirius bedridden, and Peter being the last man (rat) standing.

Being the only one capable to attend classes, Peter was also the designated note-taker, which is slightly problematic since during class, you can find the short boy either drifting off to sleep, or eating behind his textbook. The only logical solution he could come up with is to ask someone for help. Who better than the head girl herself?

"What is it with your friends and skipping classes together at least once a month? I thought it's just a Remus thing," Milla had responded to him when he asked for her help.

The poor boy stumbled with his words with panic-stricken face before finally uttering out, "James and Rem are in the hospital wing and Sirius can't get out of bed..."

The head girl's eyes widened at least twice the its size. "What?"

He scratched behind his ears while shifting on his feet. "Prank gone wrong, is all."

Milla shook her head before walking past Peter, muttering under her breath. "Already taking notes for Lupin anyway,"

That afternoon, with arms filled with parchment and feeling just a tiny bit silly, Milla Rosamund found herself outside the Hospital Wing.

Honestly, what is wrong with me? She rolled her eyes inwardly at herself.

"Shouldn't even fucking care," she hisses before pushing at the doors with her body. And as if Merlin was playing a game with her, the rolls of parchment in her arms tumbled down just as she went inside.

"Fuck!" she huffed, before kneeling down on the floor to pick the damned things up. "Seriously, I shouldn't even be here. Could've given the notes to them tomorrow."

She continued cursing herself while gathering her things, and only stopping when a shadow dimmed the light in front of her.

"Rosamund?" Sirius stood in front of her with nasty wounds all over his face. "What are you doin— oh." He suddenly smirked at her.

She rolled her eyes and stood up. "I know what you're thinking and you're wrong," she dusted off her skirt. "Peter sent me to give Remus and James notes."

"Sure," the long-haired boy grinned at her.

"You know what? Since you're already here, you can just give these to Jam— uh them. Give these to them,"

"I'm actually heading out now to meet Peter. So you go do your thing," he gestured to the door. "I'm out,"

Huffing once again, she scanned her eyes until she found a huge, red and gold balloon at the far end of the infirmary that says 'get well, captain!'.

Of course. Mr. Popular.

She walked over to his bed, seeing Remus' right beside his. The two were sleeping peacefully in spite of James' left arm being in a cast and Remus looking like he's seen better days.

James' eyes fluttered open at the sound of her heeled shoes, squinting at the sudden light. "Milla?"

She stops for a second, contemplating before going over Remus' bed instead when seeing the boy wake up himself. "Hey Rem,"

"What the fuck," she hears James mutter as she walks past his bed, making Milla bite her lips to keep herself from laughing out loud, her shoulder shaking.

"I took down notes for you, just like we talked about yesterday," she smiles, placing separate rolls of parchment on his side-table. "I separated the notes per subject so it would be easier for you."

"Thanks, Rosamund," Remus tries to grin at her but flinches. "You're a lifesaver,"

She could hear James huff behind her, making her smile and wink at Remus who rolls his eyes.

"Didn't even spare me a glance..." James was in the middle of a pity-ramble when Milla finally faces him.

"What did you do this time, Potter?"

He gaped at her (as he always seem to do). "Why do you always assume that it's me who did something?"

She raised an eyebrow. "Well, you are the one with the cast, are you not?"

"Shut up," he grumbled before pulling his blanket over his face with his right hand.

"Stop being such a drama queen, Prongs, that's Sirius' job," Remus says before facing away from them.

James laid still underneath his blanket, making Milla roll her eyes. "Fine, be that way. I guess I'll just give Sirius the notes I took for you,"

Slowly, he peaked eyes out from the blanket he's hiding from. "Are they color-coded?"

She scoffed before tossing the parchments by his feet. James laughed out loud. "Sod off, Potter."

Milla settled herself at his good arm side before flicking his forehead.

"Ow!"

"I shouldn't even be here," she told him, snuggling closer to his body.

What? It's cold and I'm in need of body heat.

"Keep telling yourself that, Rosamund." he pulls at a strand of her hair. "Or you can admit that you're here because you've been thinking about my proposition."

She couldn't find the words to deny that she, in fact, had been thinking about the stupid idea James came up with. So, instead, she muttered a "whatever," and pressed her body against him closer.

"You know, I think you have a chance with Lily Evans after all," Milla suddenly pointed out, her breath fanning against James' neck.

He hummed before sighing heavily, gaze on the ceiling. "What makes you say that?"

"I just noticed,"

He smiles slightly before turning to look at her. "I hope you're right,"

"I know I am," she chuckled. "And if I so happen to be right, it wouldn't be too good if she finds out about whatever we're doing."

His hand slips around her waist and squeezes her hips, making Milla yelp and slap his chest. "That's the thing; she won't find out."

"You are so stupid sometimes, James Pott—"

"Just kiss me already, Rosamund," he interrupts, pulling her impossibly closer, pouting. "To make all my boo boo's better,"

She laughs loudly. "Boo boo's? Where did that come from?"

"Some muggle tv show. So?"

"Well, I should help heal your boo boo's, shouldn't I?"

She doesn't let him respond. She just kisses him silly.

-

more fluff that doesnt really happen in real life. jk.
please don't forget to vote + comment ✌🏻