twenty one

note: thank you so much for the 2k reads! unfortunately, i am suffering from a painful writer's block and this sad excuse for a chapter is my attempt at getting over it. basically, i failed lol.

Halloween has passed and before anyone knew, it was already mid November

Halloween has passed and before anyone knew, it was already mid November. The weather was vehemently cold, complete with strong, gushing winds and a few drizzle of rain. Everyone was expecting snow to fall anytime soon, while Milla dreaded having to put on layers when going outside. It was such a hassle yet necessary extra weight to carry.

Her room was a mess. A few candy wrappers are still thrown around in her carpeted floor (yes, the ones from Hollow's Eve) and there were also clothes discarded all around. She finds herself stress-eating a lot the past few days, and she couldn't wait for Christmas to come around so that she could go home. Over the past weeks, she also discovered that it had been such a relief to resolve any tension going between her and Potter; it was one less problem to stress about.

Sure, there had been a few, delirious times when they would be caught up in the same sexual trance they had been trapped in before, but the Marauders would always interrupt before anything could happen and James would flee the scene. Otherwise, all was well. Those boys never left her side, but they honestly were welcomed company. They do insist on Milla to sit and eat with them at the Great Hall, but it was a small sacrifice she had to make for her friends. Friends. She had friends now. It was bizarre to think about and only a little nauseating.

The four mischief makers and herself were walking along the grounds when Remus opened up a topic. "What are your plans for the holidays?"

Milla had been busy playing with the frayed hem of her robe's sleeve (the one that Potter fixed, although she tried not to ponder on that particular memory or else she'll be burning red) and looked up to the scarred boy. "I'm going home, if that's what you're asking,"

"I'm spending it at Prongs'," Sirius shrugged as if it was a usual thing to happen, and Milla held back from asking questions.

Why was Sirius spending Holidays at James'? Why is Sirius living with James according to previous conversations the boys had?

Are they secretly married?

She quietly snickered from her thoughts.

Peter scratched his head. "I think we're spending it in America but I'm not so sure,"

They continued conversing mindlessly while strolling around the castle, all donned in red and gold scarves.

It was funny how before, Milla had gotten to know James' body like the back of her hand. She knew all the right places to kiss, all the right spots to caress. She knew how to please him like it's her profession. But it wasn't until they decided to genuinely become just friends that she had gotten to know the real James Potter.

He was every bit as mischievous as one would expect him to be, but also charming, witty, and a surprisingly good conversationalist. There had been moments, every once in a while, where they would spend all night talking about everything and nothing and they won't run out of words to say. The awkwardness isn't present when they're alone together, and it was these moments that show Milla how well they fit together.

And now she knows James Potter in and out, in every physical and mental sense there is. It is dangerous, her knowledge of him, because everything she learned makes her like him a little bit more.

Stop it, she scolded herself mentally. From their two feet distance, she could see James laughing with Sirius and being the goofs they are, pushing each other around. The sky was starting to display specks of violet and dark red hues, indicating that the sun has decided to start hiding itself. The dark colors illuminating the grounds were just enough to highlight James' pale features and tousled brown hair. He looked otherworldly handsome and Milla had to scold herself again. Stop it, now.

Remus fell back in step with her and nudged her shoulders with his. "You are so obvious, Rosamund," Milla glared at him and scoffed but did not respond. "Didn't I tell you something about your connection with him or have you completely forgotten how correct I've been?"

"If you say 'I told you so' I am going to hex you," she warned but he only laughed at her and patted her back.

Suddenly, from far away, they all heard James' name being called. Milla looked at the owner of the voice and saw red, literally. Lily's hair was down and flowing in the direction of the heavy winds as opposed to Milla's blonde locks being tucked messily into a beanie. She waved frantically and called again for her boyfriend, beckoning him over. James bid his friends farewell and started walking towards the redhead, and that's when she looked away.

Remus shifted his knowing eyes between his departing friend and the girl beside him who suddenly became interested in playing at the hem of her robes again and pursed his lips. Turning to Milla, he smiled in sympathy. "I told you so,"

-

i need your help lol. as i said earlier (if you read my note at the beginning of the chapter) i am going through a major writer's block and i need you guys to give me a few suggestions about:

1.) how would you like this story to unfold? what would you like to see happen between Milla and James?

2.) what characters would you like me to give attention to besides James and Milla? if there are any

-please help me get over my writer's block and answer lol 😭