Chapter 3

After Normani told me about me getting the job, it only took a week for things to take off. Then once there were ways set up for me to finish out my school year with my teachers, I barely even walked back into the building.

We had only went back to the city twice since we started and the school year ended in almost a month. And me going back on campus was only to turn in work myself instead of my parents doing it.

The rest of my time was spent with Jillyan or my parents. Luckily the two times we did come back, Jillyan had enough time off to be in the city. Most of my time with her was spent catching up amongst other things.

It had been about two weeks since the last time we visited home since Normani had to be in L.A. But because of the conflicting dates with me going back home for two weeks to take all my final tests and Jilly having to be in San Antonio and then in Washington, we weren't going to be able to spend our first anniversary together in a few days. So she decided to fly out to L.A. instead so we could celebrate early.

She was landing here soon and I was stuck in a back room while Normani was rehearsing. I had no problem following her to rehearsals (I was always up for watching her smoothly work through a dance routine), but for some reason she was persistent on making sure I didn't watch her. So instead of being entertained in the passing hours, and half entertaining LaurieAnn too so she didn't go so hard on them, I was in the just bored.

Roughly an hour and a half later she came back in the room, flopping down on the small couch in the room. I smiled at her from across the room, turning my chair to face her instead of the table.

"Tired?"

She huffed looking at me quickly before looking back at the ceiling.

"That's not even the word. I love her but damn."

"Just be perfect like she wants."

"You're supposed to be on my side."

I laughed before shrugging and leaning back in my chair.

"I'm always on your side.... unless it's against LaurieAnn. Then she's right. Hands down. No question."

She smacked her teeth and threw her towel at my head. I caught it once the air hit it right and it slowed down.

"Thanks. I'll make big bucks for this on eBay."

"Great. Now I don't have to pay you."

"You might be my best friend but I'll still sue your ass."

She rolled her eyes as I tossed the towel back to her since I knew she still wanted it. I threw her another bottle of water at her right after when I saw her about to finish the one in her hand.

We were quiet for a few moments, mostly so she could finish catching her breath. I sighed heavier than I expected making her giggle and close her eyes.

"What?"

I smiled at her, shaking my head even though I knew she wasn't looking. As I was trying to figure out how to say what I was thinking, I wound up sighing again.

"On a smaller, more serious note. Even though I know you hate it when I do this.... thank you so much Mani. You didn't have to let me help you for this. Especially when I have absolutely no experience in it and this whole tour is like monumental for you and everything... I don't know. Just, thanks."

I looked up after my spiel to see Normani just looking at me with a soft smile on her face. I smiled as well, more embarrassed at what I said and looking back to the ground.

"Whatever. I was just saying."

She giggled before looking back to the ceiling.

"I'd do anything if it'd help you reach your dreams Y/N/N."