Chapter 5

For the next two weeks Normani acted as if nothing happened. I told her about Jillyan and I breaking up but she would always say the reason was randomly brought on. Even after I told her it wasn't she never let me talk long enough to explain further. After that, whenever we talked or texted and the conversation looked as if I was going to bring up what Jilly said, she would get "busy", hang up or stop responding.

After a while I gave up trying, knowing that she was supposed to come back to Houston anyway. She was only staying for a few hours though because it was mainly to come and pick me up officially so I could be with her 24/7 in order to prepare for her tour happening in two weeks.

The plan was for me to finish packing and then have her come and pick me up once we had to head to the airport. With her being here though, I knew I couldn't wait that long. So, I sat for the first two hours after she arrived, not really packing because I couldn't concentrate long enough to think about what I needed. Eventually the wonder was too much for me and I went over to her house hours early.

I had gotten a key to her parents house once I started popping up so much that sometimes I would beat them to the house. So, as soon as I arrived I keyed into the house. Right as I walked in Normani appeared at the top of the steps looking at me shocked.

"Y/N? What are you doing here? I thought I was picking you up?"

"Yeah. Well.... we need to talk."

I started up the stairs before she could protest, walking around her and into her room. I had my phone in my hand, flipping it around and clicking the lock button constantly just to somehow busy myself while she walked in the room and closed the door.

She faced the closed door for a couple of seconds but I didn't say anything because I barely knew how to start this conversation. But I needed answers before my brain imploded.

"Mamas we need to talk."

She whipped around with a smile on her face making me look at her slightly in shock and confused.

"Yeah we do. About how you somehow finished packing on time. I just knew I was going to have to help you when I came over."

She said as she made her way towards her TV and turned it on.

"Okay.. no. We have to talk about what Jillyan—"

"Since you're here so early though I guess we can just hang out and watch a movie."

She turned away from me, focusing on the guide on her TV. I clenched my jaw and sighed out harshly as she continued on.

"I think I saw some leftover rice and beans that my mom made too. She probably only made it for you."

I laughed out dryly as she rambled on about anything but what I wanted to talk about. It only pissing me off so quickly because she's been avoiding talking to me about it for so long now when she knows it's the only thing on my mind. I walked over and turned her TV off, taking the remote from her hand and setting it down.

"Mani stop. We need to talk about this."

I spoke as softly as I could so she didn't think I was angry at the topic, just that she wasn't talking to me about it. She didn't seem to care about seeing me get more agitated at how she was acting, instead taking a step back and pointing towards the door as she spoke.

"I'll go heat some up for us. She probably made way more since it's your favorite."

She turned after she spoke, ignoring the irritated look on my face and how I obviously didn't want her to walk away. I rolled my eyes, following her and tossing my phone onto her bed. Right as she opened the door I was behind her forcing it back closed so hard it basically slammed even though it barely was open in the first place.