Chapter 2

Watching Normani dance hardcore on stage, and sing like she wasn't, was always something that hypnotized me. So it wasn't shocking that the few thousand people behind me were losing it over her. She was almost done with her set and I had just been able to come out and watch her. Some miscommunication happening with her wardrobe choices and how her mic box set would be hooked up made it so she had to start almost fifteen minutes late.

Once I got there though and realized just how panicked Normani was about being because she hated being late, I had to step in. Mainly because she was on the brink of going out in the clothes she wore to the venue. Knowing how pissed she would be about that though we all had to last minute alter her outfit since the designer wasn't there to help.

At one point I had to just pull Normani to the side so she would calm down and correctly say what she wanted to without her attitude getting in the way. Seeing her dancing now made it seem like there was never anything to worry about from the beginning.

Normani did a rather seductive dance move making me smile at the crowds reaction to it. Smiling harder when she pointed at me. The move was one that I had showed her when we were on FaceTime one day. I knew her fans would flip if she ever did something close to it. So she went to rehearsals the next day and she had her choreographer work the move into her routine. I was proven right the first time she did it. The move was all her fans were talking about for days.

The show went by way faster than I wanted it too. Mainly because I knew after she didn't have that much time left in the city. Which sucked because I barely could spend any time with her. It was selfish of me to want her to myself sometimes but I never wanted to step in the way of her skyrocketing career.

After the show we were back stage waiting for Normani to finish doing whatever she was doing. Ally and I were sitting on the small couch where they kept her food, Jillyan sitting on my lap and playing with my ear as she laid on my shoulder. It was something she always did as a way to relax herself. She was leaving in a few hours with Normani since they had to both be in the same city and I knew she was sad about it. So as I was talking to Ally I would occasionally kiss her somewhere on her face, not even thinking about it.

"All this time you were best friends with Normani and I didn't know. I talk about her way too much for you to have kept that from me."

"How didn't you figure it out? I never said the words but we would talk about her and I would tell you stuff you didn't even know."

"I thought you just stanned her more."

"Technically she does."

Jillyan added in making Ally laugh. I shrugged though, not objecting to it.

"That's my best friend. I have to go harder than everyone else."

The door opened, one of Normani's security guards gesturing for us to follow him. Jilly let me go long enough for me to stand up before she had her arms around my waist.

"But Ally was also oblivious. I tell her things about my old friend Mamas and then tell her that only one person calls Normani Mamas but no one really knows they are friends. How else would I know that unless I was the person or just extremely close to her?"

"Mamas is a popular nickname now."

I chuckled, shrugging a little.