Chapter 8

I flopped down on the bed in Normani's hotel room, putting my hands behind my head as I waited for her to get out of the bathroom. A few seconds later she walked out making me turn my head and smile then raise my eyebrows at what she had on.

"Well hello."

I laughed when she flinched, not expecting me to be in her room. Then attempt to cover herself up with her hands even though she was mostly covered sporting a sports bra and booty shorts.

"My god. What are you doing here?"

She asked as she kept her hands over her body and made her way to her suitcase and threw on a oversized t-shirt.

"Sorry I wanted to spend some time with my best friend after being busy the last month we've been in Europe."

"You're with me every day though."

"Yeah working. Never just hanging out."

She rolled her eyes and laid down on the bed with her head on my stomach. She stayed on her phone for a second making me look back to the TV. After a while, although I was looking at the TV, I was more in my head.

Being in Europe for the last few weeks I knew it would be harder to see Jillyan or go to see her, but it felt like more was changing out side of the fact we weren't spending as much time together. Deep down I felt like I knew what was happening, but I ignored the feeling I constantly got when I wasn't talking to her because I wanted to be wrong.

"Y/N?"

I looked at Normani, smiling when I saw her amused face.

"Huh?"

"What are you thinking about?"

I shook my head, looking back at the TV trying to get off the subject before it started.

"It's nothing."

She turned towards me, resting her arm across my stomach before leaning her head against it.

"What's wrong? Seriously."

I sighed knowing now that she wouldn't drop it even if I wanted to. I thought about actually telling her what was on my mind but I knew it would lead to so many mini conversations that I huffed heavily instead.

"I just feel like there's something going on with.. Ally."

My heart jumped at the almost slip up I had of saying Jilly's name. When she didn't say anything about my hesitation, I kept going as vague as I could.

"Like we just haven't been talking as much. It just happened so randomly I don't know if it's us or she's just distracted."

"Well she is in college now. And it's final season. She's probably just studying or something. I don't think you should stress about it too much. She probably just needs to be focused right now. And with you being in another time zone you guys might just keep missing each other's free time. When we get back and she goes on break I bet you won't even know why you were worried."

As she spoke all I could do was smile at her. It was cute watching her be so genuine about something even though it didn't really help the actual situation at all.

"Okay. I'll text her tomorrow and see what's up."

She nodded looking at me weird but smiling as well. I laughed a little after a few more seconds, feeling her continue to look at me for a little while longer.

"You're so weird."

She mumbled before laying back down on me.

————