➳ five

Loud bangings from the front door startled Joy, lwho's peacefully folding her clothes. Today's the day of their flight back to Jeju.

"Sooyoung! Fuck open this damn door!" Sungjae's growl scared Joy, she was frozen and confused for a moment. There's another loud pound coming from the other side of the door, making her ran to the front door.

She opened it and good thing she's on the other side of where the door will slam because if not, it will hit her. Sungjae pushed it hard.

Fury is written all over Sungjae's red face. He grabbed Joy on both arms.

The grip on her is tight and is hurting her. She knows it will leave marks on it. "Why...W-hat's the p-problem?" She asked, wincing in pain.

"You fucking cheated on me!" The guy shouted, grip getting even tighter because of anger. The clueless look on Joy's face is making him ever more angry, it feels like she's mocking him.

"W-what are you saying?" Joy tried removing her arms from Sungjae, but the grip is too tight, "S-sungjae, you're h-hurting me..." She flinched.

The pained expression on her face made Sungjae loosen his grip, but nonetheless the fury in his heart is still there. He turned around, stretching his neck because that's the only way he can release his anger. "Don't act like you don't know it! You're a fucking cheater, Joy! I've seen the news!" He said, turning his sharp glances towards her.

Hurt is evident on her expression and at the same time, she's also scared. "Iㅡ whatㅡ I don't know what you're saying! I didn't cheat on you!" She tried reaching out for him but he slapped her hand away. Panic instantly rises. The Sungjae she knows would never do that. Not in her pregnant state nor in other days...Sungjae, he would never.

"First you're a cheater and now you're a fucking liar too! I can't believe you!" Sungjae couldn't take it anymore and threw a punch to the nearest wall.

But he can't feel anything.

The pain in his heart is the only thing he can feel.

He fell on the floor, feeling like he's losing energy.

Joy screamed after seeing his hands bleeding, "Sungjae!" She ran to him, taking his shaky hands but Sungjae snatched it away from her.

Joy couldn't help but cry. She always had an idea that they will never go to this situation, that he will never treat her this way, "Why are you like that?" She asked, sobbing next to him.

Sungjae chuckled bitterly, "Stop acting like you're an innocent sheep when in reality you let other guys went in your pants whenever we argue!" He stood up, he just couldn't take being next to Joy, "You disgust me, Sooyoung."

It's happening.

The thought made Joy quiver in fear, "Iㅡ n-no! Please, let me explain!" She pleaded. She can't even cry because fear is taking over her.

She's so scared that Sungjae will leave her and their baby.

"So you admit it?" Sungjae couldn't believe it. His lips are trembling and he's raging. Suddenly, it feels better to punch the wall again.

There's a new feeling in him that hurts him even more. He's starting to doubt Joy.

"No! Please! Hear me out!" She's
starting to breathe heavily and her tummy is hurting, "Iㅡ I didn't cheat! We kind of broke up when that happened! And I was drunk! I didn't do that on purpose!" Joy's shaking, and feeling dizzy. "We only kissed! I swear! I'm sorry!"

It was a mistake! A mistake that she knew she will regret for the rest of her life. She hated herself for being reckless and now it's haunting her.

"When did that happen?" Sungjae asked.

"Three months ago..." she muttered. She felt shameful. "I'm sorry."

"And when was the last time we fought?" he asked again and Joy knew where he's going.

"Please don't do this. I...I told you n-nothing happened! Why can't you trustㅡ"

"WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME WE FUCKING ARGUE?!" He's demanding for an answer and the look on his face scared Joy to bones.

"T-three m-months a-ago..." she's stuttering. "But you're getting the wrong idea! Nothing really happened!"

A devilishly grin escaped from Sungjae's lips sending chills down Joy's spine. "And you have the guts to question my trust?" Even his chuckle is so empty that it is frightening to even just hear, "We fought that night! But we didn't broke up! I wonder how are you still able to fuck me that day when you were probably moaning under that man the night before!"

Joy slapped Sungjae.

"How d-dare you!" She screamed. It's the first time Sungjae had disrespected her like that and it feels like her heart's been pierced. She couldn't believe the words that are coming out of the his mouth. The very lips of the man she loves. It's hurting her so much.

"It's not even..." Sungjae started talking again, gasping heavily while tears are falling, "It's not even that big of a fight, Soo. Why would you stoop that low?" This time, only pain can be sensed in his venomous voice.

"Tell me, Sooyoung, is that baby even mine?"