shayne x reader (fluff?)

y/n pov
-
i laid in bed scrolling through my twitter feed when i heard the click of the front door unlocking. it swung wide open as i jumped up and ran to it. "hey babe, how was your day?" i asked, leaning in for a kiss when he stopped me.

"y/n, i really don't want to talk about it right now." he slammed the door behind him and walked into our room. i followed after, knowing that something was wrong.

"shayne, you can talk to me about it, i'm not going to judge." he slammed his phone down on the night stand so loudly i jumped in fright.

"i said i don't want to talk about it. god, can't you ever just let something go?! why do you have to be so god damn clingy?!" i stood in shock as he looked at me, cheeks bright red, his eyes full of frustration. i felt my eyes get watery.

"sorry for wanting to be a good girlfriend/boyfriend." i felt a tear run down my cheek as i began walking to the door.

"good, leave like you always do when you hear something you don't wanna!" that sent me off the edge. i turned back around and made eye contact with him.

"maybe if you weren't such an over dramatic bitch i wouldn't have to walk out on your ass. we're done, shayne. for good." and with that i began packing my shit up as he sat there just watching me. i was full on sobbing now as i took everything i could and walked to the door. i had hoped that he would run over, begging for me not to leave. that he would say he loved me and that he was a mess without me, that he was sorry he had hurt my feelings because he had a really bad day.

but he didn't. he sat on the bed and watched, almost as if he was too stubborn to stop me. "goodbye shayne," i mumbled, walking out the door and out to my car. i got in and banged my hand against the steering wheel in frustration. i sobbed and sobbed over the bastard for an hour, wishing i hadn't ever even asked how his day was.

-a year later-

i held onto meredith's hand as she dragged me into the store. "i know that you're excited to get some new toys, but hold on."
"okay," she smiled at me. god did she look like my brother. i pulled out my wallet but dropped it onto the ground. i went to pick it up when the blonde haired boy i had fallen for so many years ago grabbed it for me. "y/n, here." he handed it back and i quickly snatched it out of his hands.

"thanks," i said, and began to walk away when he grabbed my arm. "can i talk to you, for just a second." i sighed and told meredith to pick out her toy. she ran off and i looked into his eyes. the last time i saw them they were filled with anger, but now they were pools of just sadness and guilt. he looked starved, but not of food. maybe love, maybe lust. you never know with him. "what do you want shayne?"

"i want you. i want to be with you again because i love you, so much. and i've regretted ever letting you walk out that door since the day you did it. i've drank and drank, hoping to forget you, but i never could. it took me this long to man up and tell you which was a huge mistake, but if it's not too late, please take me back."

i stood in shock. i honestly wouldn't be surprised if my mouth was open. but i wasn't going to let him just walk right back into my life. "give me one good reason why i should and i'll consider." i thought that he would never ever think of one, but he thought up the best one. "if there's even just a small part of you that's screaming to take me back. that's why you should. but if that tiny little baby part of you left when you did, if it's long gone, then i'll leave. forever. i'll get out of town and never see your beautiful face ever again. but if there's some part of that big heart of yours that still loves me, meet me at our place at 10 am tomorrow." and with that he left.

at 10 am the next day i strolled into our place, the cute little coffee shop right next to the movie theater we met at. it's where we kissed for the first time, where he told me he loved me, and where he asked me to move in. but i never imagined it would be the place where he would win me back. i saw him in our booth which was way in the back next to the window. i sat across from him and looked out.

"you came." a woman carrying a bag with a baby golden retriever inside passed by. "cute puppy," i said. "so their is still a small part of you that still loves me huh." i looked back at him and rolled my eyes. "shut up and kiss me lover boy."

a/n
-
i actually really love this even though it's pretty long lmao. i tried out new spacing so i hope you guys love it.