ian hecox x reader (sad?)

when the rain is blowing in your face
and the whole world is on your case
i could offer you a warm embrace
to make you feel my love

a tear soaked the page as you scribbled down the lyrics down on the page. adele is, or was, your favorite artist. ian kind of ruined that for you though. when he left, it was like he took your love for her with you. you screamed your head off when things ended, yet all you want to do is let him know how much you love him. complicated, yes. all you could ask for was him back. and that was the plan. to get him back through your love of adele.

when the evening shadows and the stars appear
and there is no one to dry your tears
oh, i hold you for a million years
to make you feel my love

if you could just hold him again, that's all you ask. to be swaddled up in each other's arms as rick and morty or something else dumb plays in the background. you want ian to know how much you love him and how desperately you wanna tell him, if he knew that he'd take you back, you know it.

i know you haven't made your mind up yet
but i will never do you wrong
i've known it from the moment we met
no doubt in my mind where you belong

maybe the fact that the pages are covered in your tears will help him love it more.

i'd go hungry; i'd go black and blue
and i'd go crawling down the avenue
no there's nothing that i wouldn't do
to make you feel my love

you grabbed the papers and stapled them together, then wiped away your tears as you hopped in your car and drove over to the place that makes you happiest.

knock knock

who knew such a simple sound could fill your heart up with so much anticipation. ian and his bright smile appeared to open the door, but it faded away as he saw you.

"hello"
"hi"

the two of you stood in awkward silence as you looked down. "i just wanted to give you something" you mumbled and handed the papers to him. he cocked a brow as he read over them. "you just wrote the lyrics out to 'make you feel my love' by adele and have it to me, i don't get it?"

"it's the song that plays in my head every time you walk into a room, and it's true. i would do anything and everything i can to make you feel my love. so just take the papers, please"

"this is the cheesiest yet dumbest thing you've ever done" he laughed, making you finally loosen up and smile at him. "don't worry, cheesy and dumbs how i like my women/men." you laugh as he pulled you in for a short and sweet kiss.

he pulled away and looked down at you. "i've missed doing that." you nodded in agreement with what he said.

to make you feel my love