wes x reader (angst)

Saved
-
(Words in Italics- Lyrics from Saved by Khalid)
-
the hard part always seems to last forever

if that isn't true then what is. Wes leaving you was probably the hardest thing in the world. you loved him and he just left. no goodbye, no nothing. now you were all alone. you had to just sit around and miss him. alone.

sometimes I forget we aren't together

you know, sometimes you woke up in the morning and rolled over, expecting him to wrap his arms around you and kiss you on top of your head. but that didn't happen anymore. you would wake up every morning to an empty bed.

deep down in my heart, I hope you're doing alright.
but from time to time I often think of why you aren't mine.

you remember the fight that caused this loneliness. when you found out the truth. he didn't want you, he wanted her. another girl. he never cheated, but he often thought of this mystery lady when with you. he imagined her, not you in his dreams. she was the girl he wanted to watch walk down the aisle. you remember when he specifically told you that. you remember how your heart literally fell apart inside of you. and it still hurt. it still was broken, but nothing time can't heal. yet you still loved that son of a bitch and hoped that wes was happy.

but i'll keep your number saved
'cause i hope one day you get the sense to call me
i'm hoping that you'll say
you're missing me the way i'm missing you

deep down inside that big heart of yours you wanted him back. you wanted your big teddy bear to hug you and tell you that this was all just a very long, very bad dream and that he'd never leave you for another woman. so you kept his contact in your phone. but deep down inside that big heart of yours you knew that you wouldn't wake up from this because it was real life. the only time you'd escape this nightmare would ironically be when you were sleeping. when you slept you could dream of him loving you and only you without it being crushed by the hard cold truth. you wanted him to call you and say he made a mistake but you knew he wouldn't. he was genuinely happy with her, not with you.

(skip lyrics)

i hope you think of all the times we shared.
i hope you'll realize i was the only one who cared.

you had met wesley's mistress once, and you saw his posts with her. it was so easy to see she was only in it for the fame and money because of his career and not because she loved him. before they started going out she probably had no idea who he was. you were the only person who understood him and loved him for all his flaws. but he obviously disagreed with you their. he thought this new girl loved him more, when it was so obvious to see you were the one truly in love.

it's crazy how this love thing seems unfair.
you won't find a love like mine anywhere.

that was true. nobody loved that man as much as you did. not even his own momma. maybe you loved wes too much to the point where you scared him off, but either way you knew that his new girl wouldn't love him like you had, and to be frank you were okay with that.

(skip lyrics again)

i'll keep your number saved
'cause i hope one day i'll get the pride to call you
to tell you that i'm finally over you

you couldn't wait for the day where you could show off your new man, the man who would love you just as much as you loved him and prove to wesley that he left the perfect woman. you couldn't wait to get over his dumbass and live the best life you could. but until then, you had to sit heartbroken in your room while shredding pictures of you two together while eating ice cream, ruining your mascara, and listening to lana del ray.

A/N
sorry for the self promo but check me out on twitter @/chonisidebitch. also this one was so much fun to write! requests are still open btw