noah x reader (angst)

a/n: this isn't an official comeback, i just felt like writing lol. but i do miss this community so maybe i will lmfao anyways

i still remember third of december
me in your sweater

how could you forget december third. you were laying on a blanket in the park, wearing his sweater because of how chilly it was. the stars shined brighter than ever, and when your eyes met with his you asked the question most dread.  "so what are we?"

you said it looked better on me than it did you
only if you knew how much i liked you

he hesitated to answer. "i don't know." that crushed your spirit. you weren't expecting him to instantly say you were together, but him just shutting you down like that still hurt. "why not?"

but i watch your eyes as she walks by
what a sight for sore eyes

you knew "why not." he was still hung up over his ex girlfriend, heather. how could he not be. he went to say something, what exactly it was you were unsure since you cut him off. "no, don't say it. i get it." you slid his sweater off your body. "you don't need to do that" noah said. "no i do." you were standing up now, his sweater wrapped up in your arms. "i don't want to have to be your second choice anymore noah. i deserve better."

brighter than a blue sky
she's got you mesmerized
while i die

you dropped it onto the blanket and started to leave the park when he stood up. "wait, please, let me say something!" you stopped in your tracks and turned to him. you couldn't stand to look at him but knew you had to let him speak. he deserved to be heard too. "i'm not saying we can't be together." you huffed aloud. "hey don't do that, what im saying is true. i'm just, confused, okay? can i have some time to try and think it over?"

why would you ever kiss me?
im not even half as pretty

"fine." and with that you hopped into your car, driving off.

you gave her your sweater
"it's just polyester"

noah had tried to call and text you for weeks after, but you ignored them. you just couldn't bring yourself to face him, which ended up biting you in the ass. he got back together with heather. she would post photos on instagram wearing his sweater instead. and to be honest, you thought it looked better on her. even if it was just some meaningless fabric, it still hurt to know that it was once "your sweater."

but you like her better

let's be honest, if he really had wanted you over her he would've drove over. he only tried calling to let you know he had chosen her over you, and that he would always choose heather over you because you could've never been his first choice.

wish i were heather

right?