CHAPTER FOUR

IVY CHRISTIANA was absolutely pissed, for lack of a better word, at Rory

Not only had her blue eyed best friend asked for a "rain check" for countless hangout sessions that were never actually made up, but she had also stuck Ivy in charge of getting an interview regarding the top secret Life and Death Brigade from Logan Huntzberger.

These actions from her best friend are precisely what led the brunette to the situation she was in now. Currently, she was freezing Logan out, not paying attention to a single word that flowed out of his perfectly shaped, plump lips.

Instead, she was thinking about the irony behind words. For example, "incorrigible"; spoken allowed, it seems almost as though the word should be used to describe someone encouraging, but in reality it should be used to describe someone like Logan: stubborn and self-loving.

"Incorrigible," Ivy muttered out without realizing.

"What?" Logan stopped ranting about all the reasons why he couldn't possibly let Ivy interview him for the Life and Death Brigade.

"Uh - nothing," Ivy shook her head, "I was just thinking about all the reasons why I don't want to be talking to you right now."

"Oh yeah?" Logan smirked, liking her witty banter, "How many reasons you got lined up there, Dottie?"

"Too many to count," Ivy replied, cringing at the nickname he had given her.

"Then why are you talking to me, pray tell?" Logan's dumb lopsided grin made an appearance as he stared down the girl in front of him, weighing his options with the interview.

"Because I have one really good reason to talk to you," Ivy rolled her eyes, knowing that he already knew about the interview.

"Must be a pretty compelling reason," Logan laughed, continuing to tread on as Ivy trailed his shoes, "So what, exactly, is the reason, hm?"

"Doyle threatened to take away my column if I didn't get this interview," Ivy said, tugging on Logan's hand to stop him in his tracks and force him to look at her, "So please, can I have this interview? Then, I promise, you'll never have to speak to me again."

"It would be a bit more rewarding if you promised to speak to me more," Logan winked, taking note of Ivy's hand in his before pulling it away from her's, fully facing her now, "Look, Dottie, I know how much your column means to you. So let's say we make a little deal, okay?"

"Go on," Ivy said, almost enthusiastic with how well this conversation had been going, key word being almost.

"I will give you your precious interview," Logan began, making Ivy do a silent dance, "if you promise to keep everything anonymous -"

"Done," Ivy said, cheering slightly at the new lead she got on her article.

"And you have to come to one of the events," Logan finalized.

"You mean a super top secret Brigade outing? Deal," Ivy said, overjoyed at the thought of her column being kept safe.

And just like that, Ivy subconsciously agreed to enter into a world she had no intention of entering.

A world of luxury.

A world of lust.

A world of lucidity.

A world that, in its own way, both enables and demeans love.

[UNEDITED]

[WORD COUNT - 542]

[I AM SO SO SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING FOR SO LONG. I HAVE BEEN SO BUSY RECENTLY. I JUST GOT A NEW JOB FOR THE SUMMER, BUT I SHOULD BE UPDATING MORE REGULARLY FROM NOW ON. PLEASE COMMENT, VOTE, FOLLOW, AND JUST IN ANY WAY LET ME KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS PLEASE. LOVE YOU GUYS FOR HANGING AROUND. SORRY FOR THE FILLER, BUT IT WAS KIND OF A NECESSARY FILLER.]