CHAPTER FIVE

//

//

"ooh, I'm a rebel just for kicks, now."

//

LOGAN HUNTZBERGER had sent IVY CHRISTIANA a text an hour ago telling her to be ready in an hour and a half, and the only clue as to what they were going to do was the attire request: black tie event. Ivy wasn't dense, she knew that Logan was more likely than not taking her to "experience" a Life and Death Brigade gathering.

Exactly thirty minutes later, Logan stumbled up to Ivy's dorm room, a bit tipsy already from the limo ride over. Logan staggered forward a bit as Ivy opened the door, surprised by the sudden action in his intoxicated state, "God, Logan, really? You reek of champagne already."

"At least it's not cheap champagne, Dottie," Logan slurred his words slightly, trying to sound coherent. He held out a bedazzled sleeping mask with his right hand, "You have to put this on before you leave."

"Why?" Ivy asked, already knowing the answer to the question but asking anyways.

"It's the top secret part of the top secret club, silly," Logan laughed out, shoving the mask over Ivy's hair - trying not to mess up her perfectly styled curls that looked glossed over when the light hit it at the perfect angle. 

"You better not let me fucking fall," Ivy deadpanned, trying her best to resist the urge to peak. Ivy always had the constant urge to know more, so deliberately not knowing was extremely hard for Ivy; but maybe she needed this change. 

"Not if I fall first," Logan snickers, knowing that he was not furthering Ivy's trust in him.

Ivy felt Logan's fingers intertwine with her's in order to lead her towards their destination. His hand felt smooth and oddly familiar, like she had held his hand in some past life of her's. Shaking the feeling off, Ivy slowly inched forward, begrudgingly letting Logan lead her forward.

She heard the elevator system ding and the elevator doors open before she felt Logan tug her hand forward, making her feet stumble into the elevator. The elevator rang out, announcing the passage of each floor before it finally slowed to a halt at the ground floor of the dormitory. 

Logan tugged Ivy until she felt the chilling Connecticut wind nip at her bare arms, making her wish that she had gone with a less revealing outfit for the night. Then again, she looked hot as hell, so she supposed the minor inconvenience was worth it. 

Logan whispered to her as he stepped behind her body, letting go of her hand and making her have a minor panic attack due to the sudden lack of guidance, "You're going to have to step up for this one, Dottie."

After the words were whispered in Ivy's ear, she felt Logan's hand grasp one of her thighs, guiding it into the automobile. She would never admit this aloud, but she almost, almost got butterflies from the intimate grasp. 

Finding a seat on the edge of the automobile, she reached up to take the mask off, but Logan's hand grabbed her hand before it could make it to the mask, "You can take that off when we get to our destination, D."

Dottie pouted the whole way, feeling almost carsick with all the sudden twists and turns the car was taking. Being blindfolded made it harder to brace herself for all of the bends, and her nausea was, subsequently, sudden and unanticipated. She heard cheers, kisses, moans, and the signature clink crystal on crystal makes the whole way up which was - more or less - an hour and seventeen minute drive, by her calculation. She had no frame of reference, no sight, no one to talk to, so she took to counting the seconds that passed by.

The car had detoured onto uneven terrain nearly seven minutes ago, and it finally came to a satisfying stop just as Ivy had counted to the thirty-eighth second of the eighteenth minute.

A hand - one that she was assuming belonged to Logan due to the familiar feeling that returned in the back of her head - grasped her's as soon as the car stopped, and she was led out onto uneven terrain which almost made her trip and fall in her mighty heels. Before she could reach the forest flooring, Logan's free hand grabbed her midriff as he pulled her back on her two feet, "I'm supposed to be the intoxicated one, D."

"Shut up," Ivy mumbled, "And - for the love of God - please stop calling me Dottie."

"No can do, D," Logan whispered as he carefully removed her blindfold.

Ivy took in the sight in front of her and gasped. The dark forest was illuminated by countless tea candles, old fashioned tents, and strands of white lights, "It's - it's incredible."

"It's something to write home about," Logan smirked at Ivy as she became overwhelmed with the beauty of the forest, "I'll show you to your tent, and you can partake in the festivities tomorrow. It's late, you should get some sleep before you turn all Upton Sinclair on us."

***

song: Feel It Still by Portugal. The Man 

[UNEDITED]

[WORD COUNT - 862]

[VOTE, COMMENT, FOLLOW. I LOVE YOU GUYS AND I LOVE INTERACTING WITH YALL, DONT BE SHY TO COMMENT AND COMMUNICATE WITH ME; I LOVE HEARING YOU GUYS' THOUGHTS.]