chapter five

namjoon and jin were still talking to each other, with disguised names, still not knowing it was actually each other they were talking to. other members started to notice the two friends were on their phone more than usual, but didn't think anything of it. except for one.

"hyung, what are you doing on your phone?" jimin always was a curious one.

"nothing, jiminie." jin simply answered. he didn't want the members to know of his pathetic online interaction. for one because he knew it was kinda weird. as second, because he didn't want his dongsaengs to think that he liked someone else more than them. he could impossibly do that to them.

"namjoon-hyung! what are you doing then? are you talking to each other in secret?" jimin asked namjoon after. the two members looked up with an angry expression.

"no!" they had yelled in unison, though the opposite was true, both unaware of that fact. namjoon stood up to go to the bathroom, taking his phone with him.

"hyung, who's ryanmonster?" jungkook asked with a bunny smile. jin wanted to get angry, but who could resist such a cute kid.

"just a friend, kookie." jin had said, his anger fading away slowly. he put his phone down, hiding his conversation.

"what's his name?" kookie asked, sitting next to jin carefully. the other members also sat down, except for yoongi, who was at the studio to compose a new song for their upcoming comeback.

"ryan." jin lied. he was well aware that ryan wasn't his name, but if he'd say that he never actually had known his online friend's name, the other members would have laughed.

"like the character namjoonie likes!" hoseok exclaimed in excitement. he was always one to get way too excited over little stuff, but that was a reason the other members liked him a lot and trusted him to be one to help.

"why monster then?" jungkook asked. he seemed very interested in the conversation, maybe a little bit too interested. but that was jungkook; whenever something was happening in jin's life, he would be the first one to want to know.

"he likes being called monster." jin explained with a smile. his online friend really reminded him of namjoon, maybe a bit too much. but being the person he was, he didn't think too much about it. the chance that he was actually talking to namjoon was one in a thousand. a lot of people must be inspired by him, since he's an inspiring person. nothing more about it.

"like rap monster!" jimin said.

"you sure it's not just namjoonie-hyung, then?" taehyung asked. jin had shrugged the subject off, not knowing that taehyung was right. it seemed the other members were way less oblivious than the two people at hand.

"about namjoonie, please don't tell him about any of this. he'll laugh in my face." jin said with a quite threatening voice. the other members nodded aggressively, knowing to keep their promise. if they didn't, they'd have to deal with a very enraged mother, ready to kill.

"what'cha talking about?" namjoon, who had just returned, asked. the other members looked up in horror, now stuck with a deep secret. especially taehyung kept his breath; he wasn't good with secrets.

"nothing."